Thin 3/4 by 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "new" car and my previous car take the same filter. The last car didn't like the AA3600, so it made startup noises. I don't know if the different engined, different maker car will be the same, but for $2 I will take a chance. I wanted to know what ¾*16 thread with a 2.1 to 2.7 gasket would be the thinnest. The filter is accessible from the license plate, and is a straight shot. I don’t necessarily want the longest, because a sandwich adapter for a bypass filter may be going in, and I don’t want too much sticking off of the end of the engine.

Any suggestions?

Try a Motorcraft FL2005 as it is the same as the FL400S with a different drainback valve setup for that issue.

Wix 51315 is the FL2005 equivalent.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wanted to know what ¾*16 thread with a 2.1 to 2.7 gasket would be the thinnest.

Do you mean the smallest can diameter? There are some sub-2.9x filters out there in the 3/4-16 thread. All of them fall into your gasket confines ..at least all those that I've seen.

Go here and punch in your criteria and see what converts in WIX. There are a couple of sub-3" can sizes. Some are 2.9X and others 2.6X.

https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/attribute.html?functionCode=WEBC_ATTRIBUTE

How about the 51394 (3.0 inches long) or the 51396 (3.4 inches long). Both are 2.7 inches in diameter. Both have bypass valves in the 8 to 12 range and anti drain valves.

Alright, back to the top. Longest in a 2.7 OD 3/4x16 filter. Seen the 51396, but wanted to know about longer. Sandwich adapter aint gonna happen.

Remote mount. Find the room ..solve your dilemma. You can hang it in mid air somewhere in there.

Originally Posted By: Shaman
Alright, back to the top. Longest in a 2.7 OD 3/4x16 filter. Seen the 51396, but wanted to know about longer. Sandwich adapter aint gonna happen.

I take it a 2.92x won't make it?? It's only something like .118 radius difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back