lets see how bad you really hate Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
would you buy a new car, and then put an orange can of doom on it?

or would you walk?

Hey, pal. I went to a resort ..and got lousy service. I thought I was ripped off until I found out that there was no service beyond what I considered poor. 5 stars is getting a bit tarnished.

I got over it ..or I just didn't go to resorts anymore.

One could always modify a remote filter adapter to closed loop and run filterless. Other than that the Frantz (toilet paper roll in a cartridge) may be a better option.

I'm gonna use a Tough Guard for my next oil change... not really too worried. Got it for only 50 cents. Can't complain too much
grin2.gif

I have to disagree. Most Champ brands, Hastings, low end WIX, etc, are decent filters. For those that want better, there are plenty of other choices. Fram is bottom end, but little proof that it isn't good enough.

As long as they still offered the Extended Guard line of filters I'd be happy. That's what I'm running on the Vette right now. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable running one of their other filters like the Extra Guard or Tough Guard, but the XG line is in a whole different league. IMO it's just as good as Wix, NAPA Gold, etc.

Just as long as I could get the Extended Guard.

They're actually built the way that a filter should be built.

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Oh Lord!
18.gif
Another one of these?
06.gif
P L E A S E, STOP!
spankme2.gif

no kidding!!!!!
Originally Posted By: ramblar

would you buy a new car, and then put an orange can of doom on it?

or would you walk?

i would walk

No problem. I'd use a Fram with out question if the price is right or free.

In fact, this AM I'm going to be changing out the oil in the Honda powered Vue with a 7317 and 5 quarts of Chevron 5w-20.

It will be good to go till sometime around Christmas when the OLM goes off.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
No problem. I'd use a Fram with out question if the price is right or free.

In fact, this AM I'm going to be changing out the oil in the Honda powered Vue with a 7317 and 5 quarts of Chevron 5w-20.

It will be good to go till sometime around Christmas when the OLM goes off.

Bill

thumbsup2.gif
I'm gonna be using a TG7317 and 4 quarts of either Trop Artic 5W-30 or Castrol Syntec Blend 5W-30 today.

If I was going to be given a new Shelby GT 500, and told I had to use only Fram filters - I would sell it and buy a horse and buggy!
15.gif

Isn't the word "Fram" an acronim? Stands for something like:

Friggin Retarded Automotive Mess!
banana2.gif

Settled on Syntec Blend along with the Silver Can of Doom, the TG7317. Runs perfectly so far, built oil pressure almost instantly. So far so good!

Retail cost of oil change: $23.65+tax!
My total cost of oil change: $9.46+tax

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Oh Lord!
18.gif
Another one of these?
06.gif
P L E A S E, STOP!
spankme2.gif

23.gif

Suppose instead of orange they were painted yellow or lime green, and suppose they cost twice as much as they do today, and suppose you could only buy them on Monday nights between 7:30pm and 9:52pm at specially certified outlets, and suppose you had to go through a back ground check and 10 waiting period to make sure you are not an oil felon, and suppose you uncles half-brothers neighbors dog was named Barffy, and it bit a 15 year old kid named Dexter, and suppose the kid had eaten pizza for his 9th birthday, and suppose BITOG forum didn't exist and you had a life. Would you give a rats ascii if anyone cares about Fram or not???

After their reputation went south with the cardboard ends,
ill never trust them again,even if they make em out of gold.

Originally Posted By: 7777
After their reputation went south with the cardboard ends,
ill never trust them again,even if they make em out of gold.

lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Loobed
SHAMUS said:
and suppose they cost twice as much as they do today,

Some people would buy them and rave about what great filters they are.

As for the cardboard end caps, I don't belong to the USW, it never bothered me. It is the lack of much media between them. A PF 1177 has almost 3 times as much media as a PH 3950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back