HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
something called antivrus system pro is suddenly on taskbar and wants to scan laptop -pops every 10 seconds - laptop slow- what to do ???
i have never installed such a program!

Last edited:
It is a malware or rogue program. You got it by going to an infected website or accidently downloading it by then tricking you.

Download free versions of Superantispyware, Malwarebytes or A-Squared Free and runs a full scan.

These should remove it.

You can also tree a free program called Hijackthis to find the entries to this program and delete them to cripple it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-system-pro

Last edited:
Thanks.

i ran avira in safe mode, and it found 3 trojans. wonder if it got this thing...
right now running Malware bytes.

how do i delete this thing MANUALLY, like aquariumcsm suggested?

You do a Google search on it and many sites will have instructions on what files to look for on your computer. You then use the search command to try and find the malware files and then you delete them.

That is the hard way.

I purchased the full (paid) version of Malwarebytes and installed it on my 14 year old daughter's laptop. The only difference between the free and paid versions is that the paid version runs continuously in background and provides real-time protection. Her computer has remained free of spyware/malware ever since.

I use the free version of Malwarebytes on my other computers to perform scans on a periodic basis. It has removed several spyware/malware infections that other well known security programs could not touch. After switching to Avira Anitvir Premium (paid version), however, Malwarebytes has not found any spyware/malware.

Long story short, I highly recommend using the paid versions of Avira Antivir Premium and Malwarebytes on computers used by teens and other folks that are "technologically challenged".

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
something called antivrus system pro is suddenly on taskbar and wants to scan laptop -pops every 10 seconds - laptop slow- what to do ???
i have never installed such a program!

It's malware. One of our secretaries contracted this one on a workstation. Don't panic. But don't click it further or try to directly close it. Close it temporarily through task manager. Free SAS and MWB scrubbed it away in under 30 minutes. You'll need to run both for this one.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is Malwarebytes similar in function/purpose to Spybot S&D?

Yes

So are many other free ones like:

Superantispyware
A-Squared free
Adware
Spyware Terminator

MWB, SAS, Spybot . . . and Windows Defender . . . are all of the same genre of ASW (antispyware). Some are very good, some so-so, none are perfect.

They have differing detection and cleaning rates, depending on the specific infection. One may only get some traces of an infection, another may only get the others. So sometimes, it is better to run two or three different programs consecutively to get all the traces.

I like SAS for real-time with NOD32 as an AV. With those and the occasional MWB scan, I don't catch anything.

There is an ASW board, of which I now forget the name, where that's ALL they talk about. Kind of like motor oil.

Thanks guys; ALL OK now.
ran MWB in safe mode: it worked.
just to be safe, ran SAS and Antivir also in safe mode: all ok now.

Thanks again for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back