FluidScan device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with the handheld FluidScan device? It measures TBN/TAN, ZDDP, water/glycol, biodiesel contamination, soot, oxidation/nitration/sulfation. It has an internal library of many lubricants and can do trending of changes vs. a VOA done on it. You just need a drop of oil off the dipstick.

Charlie

Is this it?

Looks interesting, but seeing who their target market is (heavy industry, military, etc.), I would assume the price is out of reach for a typical BITOG oil changer.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is this it?

Looks interesting, but seeing who their target market is (heavy industry, military, etc.), I would assume the price is out of reach for a typical BITOG oil changer.

True; I was quoted $19,000. How much do typical oil analyses cost?

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
True; I was quoted $19,000. How much do typical oil analyses cost?

$20-30, and it probably gives you more data than what this portable device does. On top of that, I would expect a proper lab to be more accurate than such a portable device, but I may be wrong on this.

Please visit the website of the manufacturer www.spectroinc.com to download material that will answer questions about accuracy and to perhaps organize an on-site demonstration. Prices of lab units are even higher the advantage is portability and ease of use. Correlation and accuracy is as good as lab unit

Do we have a new site sponsor??
28.gif

Originally Posted By: pickled
Do we have a new site sponsor??
28.gif

LOL!

At $19k, it'd better also cook dinner and do laundry.

Seriously though, it's an interesting product, but we are not the market for it. Our lives do not depend on having UOAs done on the spot. Most of us do not mind waiting a few days while the lab gets our sample and spits out the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back