PUREONE BETA RATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Last I knew M1 was a blend media, and Champ told me it was about a 10 micron nominal rating.

The advertized M1 99.2% efficiency corresponds to an unknown micron size so the number is meaningless.

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Then, until someone can provide evidence that what Purolator provided on their PureONE (both filtering efficency and beta ratio) is wrong/false - IT STANDS, for me. Naysayers: don't just say they've got to be wrong - show us the evidence! (Sorry, Gary, I know you believe in the product you sell, but making snide remarks about the Purolator engineer is not disproving him).
smirk2.gif

Exactly!!!! It only destroys HIS credibility and goodwill....just one of the huge pitfalls of multi level marketing using any tom ,****,or harry off the street to promote your product......nothing worse than a rogue salesforce.

That engineer didn't return emails.

Here's what I sent him:

Hello, Brian.

You've caused a stir on Bobistheoilguy.com with your figures of filter efficiency with the PureOne. These are figures that aren't matched by your own industrial hydraulic offerings which are a much cleaner environment. I find it hard to imagine a variable sized automotive filter can top larger filters for efficiency with the vast difference in holding capacity that one faces in the filtration triangle (size/efficiency/longevity). Even with advanced depth medias, of high cost (SYNTEC and Stratapore), this is more or less an immutable law of filtration.

Here are the figures:
Here are the Beta Ratios for the PureOne that was requested.
Below I put the standard beta ratio chart for comparison.

Micron 5 = B4.8
Micron 10 = B50
Micron 15 = B1000
Micron 20 = B1000

If you have internet access, please take a look here.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1569502#Post1569502

Respectfully,
Gary Allan

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Then, until someone can provide evidence that what Purolator provided on their PureONE (both filtering efficency and beta ratio) is wrong/false - IT STANDS, for me. Naysayers: don't just say they've got to be wrong - show us the evidence! (Sorry, Gary, I know you believe in the product you sell, but making snide remarks about the Purolator engineer is not disproving him).
smirk2.gif

Where did I make snide remarks about the engineer? I simply stated that these figures are pretty much too good to be true. If they REALLY ARE TRUE, then there's a whole lot of filter man's that should just close up shop since Purolator exceeds their own fluid division in performance. Just throw on new base plates and fire the industrial hydraulics division.

If this gets verified, PureOne will be my filter of choice for everything.

..err and for YOU TOO, Jamus. PureOne is about the best bang for the buck out there. Is that too hard to understand?

Then again, you can just accept this fantastic and unprecedented revolution without question. I'm okay with you doing that. It's a free country and even Q-tip gets to speak his mind ..

Gary, why not take all your energy trying to defend the lackluster performance of the extremely overpriced eao filter and DIRECT it back to the hucksters at corporation.......demand to know why their extremely overhyped synthetic wonder gets beaten by the cheaper off the shelf Pure One and M1 filters?????

Might also inquire why their darling is experiencing leaking issues on some customers vehicles, and engine destroying lack of oil pressure on Toyota/Lexus applications.....obviously the bypass valve is failing to provide the most basic protection enjoyed even by Fram users.........

Your continued way of defending your products by questioning the performance of competitors and bashing their engineers is destroying any credibility and goodwill you may have built up with current and potential customers

Last edited by a moderator:
Your continued way of defending your products by questioning the performance of competitors and bashing their engineers is destroying any credibility and goodwill you may have built up with current and potential customers [/quote]

See above

Quote me where I bashed that engineer, Q. Show me. ..or are you talking out of your behind?

Here's one of Purolator-Facet's advanced pleated medias

Filters using this media will cost you much more than $6/each

Micropleat® media are made from
resin-impregnated cellulose materials. The media are then pleated and assembled into economical Micropleat disposable elements. Micropleat elements are rated at Beta = 2 and are available in standard grades of 5, 10, 20, and 40 microns. They are designed and tested to withstand 150 and 300 psid collapse pressure

Here is what would be needed (next step) to get the numbers the engineer was quoting.

Microfil® III media are made from micro-fine glass fibers that are randomly laid into a multilayered web. The media are impregnated with proprietary resins and thermally cured for strength and stability. They are engineered with a tapered pore geometry to provide superior contaminant capacity. Larger pores are located on the upstream surface, with finer and finer pores in the depth of the media. This proven media design philosophy gives Microfil III superior on-stream life versus competitive elements. All Microfil III elements are designed and tested to provide Beta > 200 filtration efficiency. Microfil III elements are offered in standard grades of 3, 6, 12 and 20. They are designed and tested to withstand 150 and 300 psid collapse pressure, while Hi-Collapse Microfil® III is designed to withstand 3,000 psid.

I'd imagine these being more than several cases of PureOne filters.

btw- that engineer hasn't gotten back to anyone, yet, has he? Several others sent him questions ..and we're all conspicuously without a response. I guess that's another Amsoil conspiracy.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
Gary, why not take all your energy trying to defend the lackluster performance of the extremely overpriced eao filter and DIRECT it back to the hucksters at Assoil corporation.......

Amsoil is not a product for you, Q-tip.

"Q-tip" i just noticed that,why do you call him Q-tip lol.

Originally Posted By: 7777
Quote:
Gary, why not take all your energy trying to defend the lackluster performance of the extremely overpriced eao filter and DIRECT it back to the hucksters at Assoil corporation.......

Amsoil is not a product for you, Q-tip.

"Q-tip" i just noticed that,why do you call him Q-tip lol.

Only a miserable crusty old coot could possibly have that much of a senseless chip on his shoulder.

I vow to never turn into that as my years advance. Bitterness of such abundance is not that of a happy person.

Hummm ... and Gary has never acted like a miserable crusty old coot in any discussions on this board?
lol.gif
wink.gif

This discussion sure got needlessly heated. Gary is usually very polite and helpful, so I think the "Q-Tip" remark was likely a mis-type. If it wasn't, I suspect he'll cool down and apologize. All you have to do is look back at his many posts to see who the guy is.

As to the Pure One, I'm with Gary in questioning the numbers. They are just too much better than anything else, even filters substantially more expensive than the PureOne, to accept at face value. The gent that originally posted the figures was kind enough give us corporate contact info and that's the way to verify. I see nothing wrong with double checking those numbers and cannot understand why anyone would take that personally. There are many possibilities for these fantastic numbers, the most likely that he looked up and related numbers from another filter. I doubt he deliberately lied or that the OP did. If, by some wonderful chance, they turn out to be true, that's a band wagon I'm climbing onto ASAP! I continue to breathe, however.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
This discussion sure got needlessly heated. Gary is usually very polite and helpful, so I think the "Q-Tip" remark was likely a mis-type. If it wasn't, I suspect he'll cool down and apologize. All you have to do is look back at his many posts to see who the guy is.

"Usually" doesn't mean 100%. It wasn't a "mis-type". He's used the term many times now, and if you didn't notice during the many heated debates between me and Gary, he always resorted to some kind of name calling and other antics that showed his frustration. He may be turning into that "miserable crusty old coot" and not even realize it.
36.gif

Well, let's have an intellectual honesty test.

Shamus said that I said snide remarks about the engineer. I ask both him and Q for quotes. Neither did.

So are they liars ..or just incapable of apologizing for falsely accrediting me with doing it?? You choose. Naturally you can continue to ignore that and continue to find me at fault for questioning these numbers.

Qship1996 has been nothing but a FLAMER in this thread. My participation in this thread had no element of promotion or defending of the EaO (until asked). This is about fantastic numbers that, if you know anything about filtration, is incredible. Yet he relentlessly spewed bile.

Then when I reflex to a troll, I'm the crusty old coot.

Please, apply your own standards to yourself.

I do not apologize to either Shamus or qship1996. He whined that I picked on him ..and he's like the cowards that throw stones and can't take the return volley. Run and hide.

It's not an uncommon human flaw. Everyone thinks they have the right to do what they want without any consequences. They're always centered and perfect. Just ask them.

I'll be away for a few days.

Well, let's have an intellectual honesty test.

Shamus said that I said snide remarks about the engineer. I ask both him and Q for quotes. Neither did.

So are they liars ..or just incapable of apologizing for falsely accrediting me with doing it?? You choose. Naturally you can continue to ignore that and continue to find me at fault for questioning these numbers.

Qship1996 has been nothing but a FLAMER in this thread. My participation in this thread had no element of promotion or defending of the EaO (until asked). This is about fantastic numbers that, if you know anything about filtration, is incredible. Yet he relentlessly spewed bile.

Then when I reflex to a troll, I'm the crusty old coot.

Please, apply your own standards to yourself.

I do not apologize to either Shamus or qship1996. He whined that I picked on him ..and he's like the cowards that throw stones and can't take the return volley. Run and hide.

It's not an uncommon human flaw. Everyone thinks they have the right to do what they want without any consequences. They're always centered and perfect. Just ask them.

I'll be away for a few days.

Gary is a stand up person and has been since I became a member of this board. While I don't agree with Gary or anyone else here 100%, I still respect him.

Gary Allan, John Browning, Bill in Utah, and many others here are good people who always try to help.

What Q-Ship and a few others do here is to pick, pick, pick until Gary gets a little upset and then others take the opportunity to dogpile him. Yeah, it is always a great time to bash on people who sell Amsoil isn't it.

Gary, on countless occasions has steered people away from Amsoil if the product doesn't meet their needs. He is a stand up guy and an asset to Amsoil.

Let's be men here guys and quit feeding people like Q-ship who have a vendetta chock full of ad hominem attacks.

The Internet makes people say or do things they otherwise wouldn't do in person; this is one of those situations.

Take care,

Jon

Last edited:
Gary, I dont run and hide.....I am just sick of your personal agenda of frequently jumping into many threads and casting doubts on any competitors products that show excellent performance to uplift your own brand and business interests......if you want to compensate me a for my time { $125/hour}, I would be happy to spend a few hours reviewing your personal posts and compiling a list of examples........unfortunately behavior like this is to be expected when salesmen are allowed to use a forum for personal gain.

I have called you out on this behavior in other threads when I see it happening, and will continue to remind you of it when I see you doing it.......I am quite sure other members have picked up on your personal agenda as well, just many are afraid to rock the boat.

Last edited:
32.gif

Can the title of this thread be changed to something more appropriate as PureOne Beta Rates are clearly not being discussed.

Or ...

Can we get back on topic?

Thanks guys ...

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Gary, I dont run and hide.....I am just sick of your personal agenda of frequently jumping into many threads and casting doubts on any competitors products that show excellent performance to uplift your own brand and business interests......if you want to compensate me a for my time { $125/hour}, I would be happy to spend a few hours reviewing your personal posts and compiling a list of examples........unfortunately behavior like this is to be expected when salesmen are allowed to use a forum for personal gain.

I have called you out on this behavior in other threads when I see it happening, and will continue to remind you of it when I see you doing it.......I am quite sure other members have picked up on your personal agenda as well, just many are afraid to rock the boat.

He does what now?

Gary has stated NUMEROUS times that Delvac 1 (a COMPETITOR'S PRODUCT) is a superior oil. Best available OTS oil....etc. He has RECOMMENDED IT!

How is that promoting an AMSOIL product?

Gary has stated that Fleetguard, Donaldson and Baldwin filters are fantastic, in fact he was instrumental in my finding of the Donaldson filters I run on my Ford Windsor engines. What was in that for him?

For a man who wears a company logo beneath his username, he is probably the LEAST salesman like representative of AMSOIL I've ever seen! There are far more REGULAR users on this board pushing the product more than he ever has.

It is not just Gary questioning the information in this thread. Yet it seems that Gary is being the one singled-out and attacked because he is associated with AMSOIL.

Maybe the guy needing the $125/hour evaluation is you, as you seem to be the one with the agenda. To discredit and attack somebody who you have taken a personal issue with due to his association with AMSOIL?

Many would be in complete agreement if your target was Lazaro. But you've missed the mark with Gary.

I agree. Gary was simply pointing out that the numbers given for the PureOne seem better than they could be, and I agree as do other people. B2 = 5um or so is incredible for a ICE full flow oil filter.
FYI, While I do have a EaO on ATM, next change I have a PureOne lined up.

From 7777's opening thread: "Im thinking of switching filters"

Gary's reply #1572950, 08/20/09, 11:43am:

"that some alleged engineer pulled out of his behind via email"

Gary, I am too ignorant about oil and filters to say what is the best of anything. But I respect those who believe in what they believe in. I am neither a liar nor afraid to challenge anyone on anything. I wish my thread had not turned into something so personal. I will post what Purolator sends me when I get it. Take care, Gary, I do respect you.
31.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back