Any thoughts on Nissan Versa and Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the car price is boosted up significantly. I started doing my research at the end of June and has to wait until the end of this month for my car qualify for CFC (one year registration). During this period, sale price of several cars I have been watching
increased a lot:
2009 Hyundai sonata GLS 4cyl 5A, $16500 before, now at least $18000
2009 Hyundai elantra touring, automatic, around 16.5K before, now around 18K.
Since I can sell my clunker easily at 2500 (1999 cherkee 4WD, 6cyl, auto, 115K), I did not see the point to buy a new car at inflated price to take advantage of government $3500/4500. When CFC ends, I bet the demand for new car will shrink and deeper discount on new car is quite possible.

just thik of the vehicles being bought and the depreciation they'll get hit with when gas prices soar again and the lots are full of them . Not such a great deal in the long term . Wouldn't be shocked if they're sticking many consumers with high loan rates or 6 year loans or both . Buyer beware .
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: vulture
Since I can sell my clunker easily at 2500 (1999 cherkee 4WD, 6cyl, auto, 115K), I did not see the point to buy a new car at inflated price to take advantage of government $3500/4500. When CFC ends, I bet the demand for new car will shrink and deeper discount on new car is quite possible.

10.gif

You're saving money in the long run and more importantly, another Cherokee is spared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back