TL 1000 Spun Bearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He mentions doing 5 seasons - if that's 5 racing seasons, I'm gonna' go with - "normal engine wear/tear from racing use". The big Suzuki V is about bullet-proof, otherwise.
thumbsup2.gif

The little ones (650's) seem to have reported issues with oil starvation unless kept right at the "Full" mark.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: cven

Any idea what happend here?

Yeah....he wound that thing out one too many times. Unless he had some really poor quality oil or didn't change it often enough (very possible) then the oil is not likely the culprit. Whan you race repeatedly all bets are off on engine failures. Could be a micro structure failure in the bearing or one of a hundred reasons that won't show up until you are running the engine at max capacity repeatedly.

From what I understand he uses Silkolene pro4 and it was changed 4-5 races ago, I dont know what grade.

I guess the question I have is did the rod crack BEFORE the bearing spun or the other way around? Me thinks the rod cracked first but who knows?

Arrow makes a good rod but racing a high rpm V-twin your gonna have things like this happen.

This guy is very good with this motor and has built a few of them. I guess 5 seasons was asking too much.

I think he is working on a home built supercharged one now!!

The SVs will suffer from oil starvation if they are "wheelied" too much. Suzuki even published an advisory on this problem. This bike probably was ridden by a wheelie squid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back