Parts Plus oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I have is made in China. Not sure what actual company makes it. It looks well built, although I haven't cut it open. The bottom is sealed in plastic. Also on the box it says "Meets or exceeds OEM specifications. Manufactured by an TS 16949 Certified Company"

I know Parts+ sells the Wix brand in oil,air,fuel and also transmission filters.I just recently found out they had their own brand of filters.

That's odd, the one I have doesn't look like it's made by Wix and has a plastic seal on the bottom. The "Made in China" on the box makes me wonder... Once my camera is done charging, I'll take some pics of it. I don't know how old it is though, it was given to me by someone who scrapped their car and they no longer needed it.

p8160697.jpg

p8160695.jpg

p8160696.jpg

I asked the person that gave it to me and he thinks he got it in 2006. I don't think it's a Wix, because of the "Made in China" on the box, the seal on the bottom, and the fact that the Wix for this application has 6 larger holes in the baseplate, not 8 like this one. I don't understand their numbering system, but it cross-references to the AC Delco PF52/Fram 3980/Wix 1036

Look inside. If it has a circle of small holes in the far end, likely it is made by Fram with a clicker bypass in the dome end. Champ was using those for a while before going to Ecores and blue buttons on the small ones. WIX or Clarcor's should have a solid steel end cap.

With it being free and a lack of evidence Frams are as bad as they are cracked up to be, I would run it and then cut it open.

Last edited:
I hope it's not a Fram! I could take it off and put on the Purolator I have... I had to go to Goodyear to get my oil changed, because I recently moved. Otherwise I would have done it myself. At least they use Kendall syn blend. I just had to crawl under the car and see what brand of filter they used.

I found a Parts Plus oil filter at a local Warehouse distributor which also sells retail. After a search online for a WIX distributor...and they mentioned their line of Parts Plus products.

PH2835 fits my 05 4Runner. Made in China on the box. The $2.02 price scared me. The clerk gave me a Parts Plus catalog. The inside back cover shows an exploded diagram of their oil filters.

I have a pic, but thought better of posting it due to copyright issues -?

Metal endcaps, coil spring, nitrile anti-drain valve, spiral wound center tube, 0.5mm steel sheet can. Doesn't sound like a FRAM to me!

In a limited comparison, was told a WIX uses a leaf spring vs a coil. Is that true?

The same location: cabin filter $5.29, air filter $10.22.
vs. $20.99 and $18.+ at the Dealer & WallyWorld, respectively.
I couldn't pass that up! Definitely my new air filter supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back