If you had to pick ONE oil as the best overall....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't either. It's not really an ideal thing to practice.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: tig1
Redline 5W-30

You can't be serious?

Dead serious, why? Do you like VIIs, do you have something against POE's inherent superiority regarding high temp deposit control, film strength, and it's ability to cling to metal; or against Redline's moly/ZDDP heavy add pack?

Yes, cost no object with sub-10,000 mile OCIs in mind, I would pick Redline every time.

Just pulling your leg. I never heard of normal folks( racers only) using using RL oil before coming to BITOG.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Just pulling your leg. I never heard of normal folks( racers only) using using RL oil before coming to BITOG.

Sorry, it's hard to tell on the 'net.

I know a few people running Redline in street cars, but they are usually pretty serious street cars. The kind of cars people don't mind plunking down $9/qt to protect. If I wasn't a tightwad, I'd run it in everything.

How do you know the M1 TDT/PP/PHM add packs won't compete with one another?

I really don't understand this fascination with mixing oils. I can see it in a pinch, but that's about it.

Ben99GT and Buster. I have no fascination w/ mixing oils. I fell into my present mixing of PHM and PP due to a need to use some the last of my stock of each. And concerning mixing in the TDT - re-read my previous post - I stated "assuming an original fill of M1" (in the event of adding TDT) - I wasn't stating that I'd add TDT to PP, etc. That's sick.

Cool. Makes sense then. Nothing wrong with it at all as all motor oils are compatible with one another but you don't get to see the full benefits of a single formulation when mixing. In your case it's different.

Originally Posted By: buster
..Makes sense then..

I've never posted anything on BITOG that didn't make perfect sense. I ALWAYS ask myself "does that make sense" before I hit the submit button.

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
Originally Posted By: buster
..Makes sense then..

I've never posted anything on BITOG that didn't make perfect sense. I ALWAYS ask myself "does that make sense" before I hit the submit button.

LOL. I often hit it before asking myself that question, so I can't say the same.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
...i like shaking my oil and kinda hard to shake a drum,lol

Ya. me too. And those 55 gallon drums are kind of flimsy when they are completely full, and often collapse when I am holding them over my head giving them a good shake....

I really like Syntec 5w20 and PP 5w20 and QS 5w20 and QS torque power 10w30..I have never ran an oil and thought.."that was a bad experience"

Ive seen Redline throw some junkie UOA's but really its only the first two or three UOAs and then the wear metals go way low and everything seems smooth.

I run it in my primary vehicle. I would trust Redline to any high performance\high demand application that would see severe use.

If you wanted a great oil in ANY car for long term OCI's Amsoil SS0

hmmm, for me, Mobil 1 EP. I have used Mobil 1 since 1983. I have used Mobil 1 more often then the sum of all the other synthetic oils I have tried. It's easy to find, priced at a price I am willing to spend and never had a engine fail or need rebuilding in any car that I have used it in on long term basis. I never buy new cars. I buy used cars, approx 5 to 10 yrs old and keep them until they are ready for the junkyard. Last car I junked out, the engine was still running great @ 320,000, but everthing else was falling apart on the car and the rebuilt trans was failing. I have never owned a high performance car, so I have not felt the need to try Redline, Neo or Amsoil. I may give Lubro Moly a try or GC next oil change....bottomline is I have confidence in Mobil 1

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I think the best oil is the single quarts of Havoline I picked up off the highway after the Walmart truck rolled over and broke open. I felt it was my duty as a citizen to help clear the roadway to get traffic moving....

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back