Acer 23 Inch Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days picked up a Acer 23 Inch wide screen 23 LCD monitor (H233H)and replaced an aging 22 Inch wide screen Gateway monitor.

No dead - stuck pixels.

Am impressed.

It came with DVI-I, VGA, and HDMI cables in the box and had all three options, a major plus.

We bought a samsung 23 inch 1080p HDTV with dvi monitor input. No dead pixels and works great for all sorts of applications.

Just bought an Acer 19" wide screen for my LG 17" that just C-rapped out and it is awesome.

Would buy again... Their laptops however I have had worse luck with and wouldn't touch again.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We bought a samsung 23 inch 1080p HDTV with dvi monitor input. No dead pixels and works great for all sorts of applications.

Went to Costco to look at some monitors. Acer, Samsung and HP. They all really good.

Also looked at the Samsung 23" 1080p HDTV. It cost more but the picture is really good also. I'm aiming to pick up the Samsung 23" 1080p HDTV, I liked it over the other monitors.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
A few days picked up a Acer 23 Inch wide screen 23 LCD monitor (H233H)and replaced an aging 22 Inch wide screen Gateway monitor.

No dead - stuck pixels.

Am impressed.

It came with DVI-I, VGA, and HDMI cables in the box and had all three options, a major plus.

Yeah my fiance picked one up a few weeks ago while we were at Microcenter(didn't want to wait for a shipped item). It was only 120 dollars!!

My Dell 24inch HD widescreen monitor was 1299 back in 06, using my business account I knocked it down to 985 but wow did these things come down in price!. I used to love using picture in picture on my monitor, play games, watch tv or surf the net =). Wish I still had it, but sold my gaming rig for a laptop(worst mistake EVER!)

Last edited:
Yep, the $299 one, 2370HD, IIRC?

You won't be sorry!

I went to Costco and checked out both the P2370 and P2570. There is a special on Buy.com (P2570) for $299.

I picked up the P2570. Picture look good on both. The P2370 has a 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio where as the P2570 has 70,000:1.

To SrDriver:

I Needed a monitor because my old Silicon Graphics - Sony Trinitron 25 inch monitor that I loved so well for many years finally gave up the ghost. (RIP old friend).

So I'm looking at reviews and in stores and all over to find a new one that is nice and classy without breaking the bank. I just joined here although I have been a longtime fan and reader of the site. So in my online searches I get this one hit where one of the monitors I was considering was endorsed by you Mr SrDriver here on BITOG where I had just joined. So it was fate.

Because of the respect I have for the technical nerds of this board, along with massive amounts of research, I finally pulled the trigger on the Acer H233H. And I'm glad I did.

I'm typing this on it now and I love everything about it. Classic black frame and beautiful color and contrast resolution. I'm not an online gamer so I don't need the bleeding edge of high tech 1 ms response time or anything crazy expensive like that. Look in the stores. This is a sharp little monitor, even compared to more expensive models side by side.

Thanks for taking the time to recommend it. Got it at BestBuy in Delaware for $179.99. with no sales tax.

The one that Anies was posting about for $120 (+$7.20 sales tax for me in here in PA) at MicroCenter I'm pretty sure is the 20 inch one with less inputs and is still available.

Again Extremely Happy, and Thanks. Peace.

Yep, the $299 one, 2370HD, IIRC?

You won't be sorry!

I picked up the P2370 HDTV from Costco. It's pretty neat you can switch from PC to TV. Picture is first rate.

I also picked up the P2570 from Buy.Com(no TV tuner). I gave that for a gift and ask him prior if he needed a TV tuner. He said no as he got everything hooked up to his Panasonic plasma TV. He's please, likes the monitor.

You really can't beat the monitors today, competition brings the price down and quality is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back