Pricing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. I'm wanting to upgrade an older homebuilt AMD system, so I need to sell my other desktop I have to make the $$$ available to me!
cool.gif

Sony VAIO Tower(VGC-RB40)
Pentium 4 HT Processor (3.0Ghz)
1.5 GB Ram
160GB SATA Hdd
NVidia Geforce 6200 128MB PCIe Card w/ fanless heatsink
DVD Writer and Rom Drives
Internal Memory card reader (all common types)

How much realistically could I ask for this system? Its in very good shape and RAM and video card was upgraded by me. I thought about including the 17" Sony LCD monitor along with it. I was thinking close to $350.00 with the monitor, but that might be a little high I guess... opinions? Thanks!

I also have the restore CD roms that include Windows XP Home, but right now its running Ubuntu.

I think the monitor would be about $120 and the box would be about $50 including shipping.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
I think the monitor would be about $120 and the box would be about $50 including shipping.

If the buyer knows something about computers...
Start at your price and see who shows up, its significantly lower than a new computer so maybe for someone saving $100-200 makes it a great deal.

I'd throw it all on craigslist for 250 or 300. For people who don't have a clue, they'll pay extra for Sony.

But in reality the box is worth 100 tops, and a 17" LCD monitor isn't worth much now that you can go to bensbargains and get a 20 in widescreen for 125 bucks most days.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
and a 17" LCD monitor isn't worth much now that you can go to bensbargains and get a 20 in widescreen for 125 bucks most days.

Exactly. I had a hard time selling a 17" Samsung LCD that was in perfect shape for $50 on craigslist. Finally let it go for $40. If you're in larger metro area, you'll find lots and lots of such monitors in that price range on there.

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
I have it down to $250 on CL.. we'll see if I get any takers.

I dropped it down to $200 for all on CL.. still no takers... Hmmm... maybe I'll just keep it and make a server out of it.

Right now there are a lot of good deals for new computers. It is the tax free weekend here. There are a lot of sales as kids get ready to go back to school.

I have it listed for $100 now, minus the GeForce card and Monitor. Still no interest... I may end up donating it or using it as a Print server...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back