Is Pennzoil recycled oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:

quote:

Originally posted by Greaser:
Slightly used oil is supposed to be better at protecting your engine due to the fact the additives have been activated by slight use of the lubricant....kinda like a K&N air filter gets more efficient when a little dirty
gr_eek2.gif

No true again current re refined oils are refined about the same as virgin but just start out with an additives sysytem in them. after refineing the base oil is a virgin quality with NO original additives present. If anything they may have a higher flash point than virgin but that is about all. And I find that commpared to virgin they are about 10% cheaper in price.
bruce

I was kidding
rolleyes.gif

A few years ago, I purchased a Pennzoil marketing piece off of ebay. It looks like something you'd see on a parts store counter. Made of lucite with three little bubbles in it. One of the bubbles contains a clear liquid and is labeled as Pennzoil "Pure Base".

The other two bubbles contains brown liquid; base stock from the competition.

I'd post a photo if I could remember where I last put this thing......
confused.gif

I've always liked Pennzoil and will continue to use this sludge producing engine oil.

paulo57509: Actually what that lucite block had in it was the following.

1. The clear Pure Base.
2. The light yellowish brown one was Group I base.
3. The darker one was what oil looked like after the additive package was put in it.

Johnny: Thanks for the correction.

I was going by my feeble memory of that lucite block. I tried looking for it yesterday in order to avoid posting bad info, but I couldn't find it.

quote:

Sid,

When was the last time you opened a bottle of Pennzoil? It's ligter that honey and does not have a bad smell. Like Mikey use to say "try it, you will like it".

About 3 years ago to be honest. I didn't like the way it felt in my car and it really did smell horrible and was a dark color. I just found it weird you know? I just decided not to use it because I saved about $.90 a quart using Murray's 5W-30 instead and that stuff was a golden color and felt beautiful for 3000 miles. Very nice.

quote:

Originally posted by krholm:
I believe I'm going to give the Pennzoil Platinum a few OCIs and see how my engines like it. ... I'll check out which one rates A3/B3 since that is a standard I like to meet even though the maufacturer of my cars do not call for it.

AFAIK, the only A3-rated Pennzoil Platinum oils are the "Euro" 5W-30 and 5W-40 formulations, which are next to impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back