. worthless tech support/rma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
helping a friend rma some compactflash cards that went bad on her.
all my tests show they are bad.i did a data recovery on them and got most of the data off of them but it is clear they are bad with all the read errors and refusal to format.and then comes the "tech non support dept"
yes the dreaded mush mouth in india script monkey.cant understand him and all he can do is ask more dumb questions that are irrelevent.
no option to do an rma via email or web form either.
no more sandisk stuff for me and will never stock any more in my shop!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a member of BITOG that works for Sandisk. You should PM him and see if you can get it resolved that way.

I know how frusterated you are with call centers that are abroad. Try dealing with Acer sometime. It sounds like the people have marbles in their mouth, and you get disconnected constantly.

It's such a problem that when you call back a recorded voice comes on that says "We see that you have called us recently, but may have been disconnected, ##########, is this the product you are calling about?"

So they know they have a problem but this is how they fix the connection to India?
mad.gif

Just another reason not to buy from Acer.

I think this thread could be titled, "Worthless Customer Service/Tech Support".

I've been trying to get a Refurb Samsung DVD player RMAed since April 21 and I;m still working on it. Everyone I speak to has been an American and they STILL can't get it right.

They have attempted 2 repairs on my original unit, then sent me a replacement that was defective and now I'm supposed to have a new 2009 model on its way. All this for a DVD player I paid $40 shipped for.

CS/TS for the most part suck.

btw i told mr mushmouth he could learn a bit by dealing with corsair,ocz,and kingston.the few issues i have had with these 3 were dealt with quickly with no hassle.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
There is a member of BITOG that works for Sandisk. You should PM him and see if you can get it resolved that way.

I'm here. Probably not much of a help because even I have to go through the same tech support channel to get this. If you want a quick and painless RMA here is the thing to do: pretend the card does not power up, when they ask you to do a test just do it without a card in the camera/card reader and tell them anything you read off the computer. If they see a hint of information they'll ask you to do more useless test and refuse to let to return the card.

This is not just SanDisk, not just flash memory card, but anything electronics troubleshooting over the phone or chat. The is the fastest way to get through all the diagnostic Bee Szz to reach the RMA number, ever, and always works. They can do all the diagnostics they want at the factory and get things done automated.

I hope people won't abuse this method, but in reality it is probably a marginally failing product that is not possible to reproduce every single time (firmware bug, bad design, etc that won't completely show up until well pass the warranty period).

Good luck with it.

Quote:

I know how frusterated you are with call centers that are abroad. Try dealing with Acer sometime. It sounds like the people have marbles in their mouth, and you get disconnected constantly.

It's such a problem that when you call back a recorded voice comes on that says "We see that you have called us recently, but may have been disconnected, ##########, is this the product you are calling about?"

So they know they have a problem but this is how they fix the connection to India?
mad.gif

Just another reason not to buy from Acer.

You haven't seen anything yet. Unless you are in the Business Account or you are buying the "professional" line of products with big margin, you are going to get India (or even worse, Bangladesh) tech support. Every company is as evil in this department and you are not going to get any love unless you have lots of money to be made.

Sad fact of life. The only way to help is ask them to raise the issue to their manager because "you cannot understand what they are trying to do" and fill out bad survey so they change their minds about outsourcing.

I feel sorry for the Indians, but that's the only way to convince the companies to switch back to higher quality tech support.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kc8adu
btw i told mr mushmouth he could learn a bit by dealing with corsair,ocz,and kingston.the few issues i have had with these 3 were dealt with quickly with no hassle.

The low level minions doing the phone conversation with you are just following the orders from managers and their employers 4-5 levels above. Most likely you can't do anything other than fill out a bad evaluation and send an email to complain to the HQ. This is going to be like this with any company that outsourced to India for tech support.

One reason I like dell is the online chat tech support. I can read their broken english better than I can hear it over the phone. I may tell a fib every now and then about whether I tested this or tested that, but I don't have time to run through all their silly tests, when I know what's wrong with something. :)

And another call to Samsung C.S. and they misplaced my exchange order so they placed the order AGAIN!

Synopsis: Started RMA/repair process on April 21, 2009. Two repair attempts, one "new" refurb" unit (defected and returned), now I'm waiting on a NEW model DVD player.

All this for a refurb DVD player I paid $40 shipped for. I wonder how much money Samsung is paying for this debacle? I do know that Samsung has lost a whole bunch of credibility in my eyes because of this.

On a side note, I too like Dell's Chat CS. It really does cut down on the miscommunication. I also like when they automatically send you a transcript of your chat session for reference later.

well i finally got the rma for the bad parts.
interesting part is a free ups tag to ship it on sandisks dime.
still does not excuse the pain in the a$$ to get the rma.

At least you're getting this resolved fairly quickly. In my case, I'm so frustrated at having to deal with this for so long, I'm really tempted to send back a couple of bricks in the package when I return the defective DVD player (on their free UPS return label).
Originally Posted By: kc8adu
well i finally got the rma for the bad parts.
interesting part is a free ups tag to ship it on sandisks dime.
still does not excuse the pain in the a$$ to get the rma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back