Hot tub cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a standard hot tub cover and it's starting to tear. I drained it out for the summer and there is no water in the foam. I've looked around for a new cover but geesh, they are running 300 dollars plus. I was thinking if I could find some way of getting a cover for the cover. Since the wife has been laid off, money is a little tight so at this point, I've got to go cheap-o until we get some positive cash flow. My question, is there anything out there I could just cover the hot tub cover? Something along the lines of a huge zip lock bag or shrink wrap or something along those lines. Not really worried too much about thermoinsulation properties as the winters aren't that bad down here in Ok-ra-homa.

Can you reverse engineer the cover? Pull staples and reupholster? They sell naugahyde* like vinyl by the yard. If there's a wood frame, there's a place to drive staples or little upholstery tacks/ nails. Is this a hexagon or square?

If shrink wrap is your thing, huge rolls of it are used to wrap pallets for shipping. IDK what heat would do to it though.

spankme2.gif
for 1st "I've never seen a wild nauga" joke.

The cover itself is starting to separate at the seams. The vinyl cover is on the outside and the inside is just clear plastic that covers the foam. Wonder if I could find, or make, a tarp bag for it? Hmmmm. Boy, that would look ghetto, but if can work and last for a couple of years, yeehaw!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back