6.4 Ford sludge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
What is incredible is the lack of support a customer gets from the manufacture and from this Forum.
I have the right to put any oil I choose in the vehicle I purchase.
I bought a top of the line oil that has worked for many years for me in the past.
Even though some of you tribologist think that my add pack was weak that does not mean I started out with that, with new oil.
My truck is down and I will collect it back from Ford and I will repair it myself I have the means to do this.
I will find the source of the coolant leak and will post up the results.
thanks for following and kicking me while I was down, you are a great bunch of guys!
34.gif

Javier

You're Welcome...

Good luck with the repair. Next time use "CJ" oil instead of "SL"...

Bye...

Last edited:
What is incredible is the lack of support a customer gets from the manufacture and from this Forum.
I bought a top of the line oil that has worked for many years for me in the past.
Even though some of you tribologist think that my add pack was weak that does not mean I started out with that, with new oil.
My truck is down and I will collect it back from Ford and I will repair it myself I have the means to do this.
thanks for following and kicking me while I was down, you are a great bunch of guys!
34.gif

Javier

First, you won't tell us what oil you used. The only thing we can go by is what the analysis looks like, and it looks like SM/GF-4 Supertech from Walmart. You do have the right to use any oil you choose, and if that oil is not what Ford specifies for warranty purposes, Ford has the legal right to give you the middle finger, which is exactly what they are doing. You lose credibility right there for not telling us what the oil is.

Second, you went WAY beyond the specified oil change interval. Case closed on that one.

Third, and finally, you ask for help but give us nothing to help you with! Total lack of information.

Sorry, you're not going to get much sympathy from a bunch of very informed car guys when you screwed up this bad.

Good luck with the rebuild. Please come back and show us the carnage when you run another interval of passenger car oil in your diesel for 19,000 miles.
thumbsup2.gif

Kicking you while you were down? Wow nutjob, you are something else. Just do yourself a favor and leave the carcass at the dealer and buy a gas powered truck that will live with your top quality 5W30. AND FOR GAWDS SAKE CHANGE THE DANG OIL ONCE IN AWHILE!!!!

As far as the add pack goes, the day the truck failed, the turbo blew oil into the engine and I had to add some gas station diesel oil "RoTella" one gallon worth to get it home.
Javier

That explains why the TBN isn't 0 on what is clearly a passenger car oil.

The additive concentrations in an oil, such as zinc, won't drop from 1400 ppm (which a "top quality" 5w-30 synthetic HDEO like Amsoil HDD has) to 800 ppm in 19,000 miles!

Did you install this "top quality" synthetic yourself, or was it done somewhere else? Maybe the oil pit boy added bulk passenger car oil.

34.gif

Javier

roflcopter.gif

You're welcome!
happy2.gif

I used a popular diesel synthetic 5W30 brand oil
the Oil sample says alot more about the oil I used than the brand I used.
In the end maybe I would of got it fixed for free but I would have the same POS truck I started with.
when I fix it I will never have coolant mixing with my oil again.
I will get to the bottom of this.
I only have to replace a turbo and find the coolant leak, nothing else is fubar.
Quote:
originally posted by DREW99GT
First, you won't tell us what oil you used. The only thing we can go by is what the analysis looks like, and it looks like SM/GF-4 Supertech from Walmart

seems like drew the tribologist has oil analysis down to a science.
good guess! I wont post the oil manufacture cause it is too much fun listening to all the experts going bonkers over nothing!
you have the oil analysis I gave you the weight oil I use and even that it is a Popular Synthetic
I also put this Oil in myself at my own house so no oil boy swapped oil on me.
just wait till I post pics of the source of failure and I will prove that FORD is at fault and not me or the oil I choose to use.
Javier

Javier

Javier, why did you run whatever oil it is 19,000 miles when the truck was under warranty? You'd agree now that wasn't the smartest thing to do, even IF the oil was not the cause of the sludge, correct?

If you had documented oil changes at the required oil change intervals specified in the owners manual for warranty purposes, you'd be driving in a fixed truck at Ford's expense.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Good for you. I applaud your initiative.

Now, that means this thread is finally dead, right? I mean, you've given up on pushing your incredibly poor position with Ford, and you've refused to divulge the source oil, so I can presume they have refused help, too.

So, please, no more rambling and HUGE pictures ...

Can I post one more incredibly huge picture?
blush.gif

Please?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Javier, why did you run whatever oil it is 19,000 miles when the truck was under warranty? You'd agree now that wasn't the smartest thing to do, even IF the oil was not the cause of the sludge, correct?

If you had documented oil changes at the required oil change intervals specified in the owners manual for warranty purposes, you'd be driving in a fixed truck at Ford's expense.

+1000. Even IF Ford is at fault, why didn't you just freakin LIE to them and PRETEND you used the recommended oil at the recommended interval?? I use 0w-30 in my Ranger when Ford specs 5w-30. Is this gonna cause any harm to the engine? No way! BUT, I keep 2 sets of maintenance records: The one I show to Ford if I had a warranty claim, and then I have the REAL records. The warranty records say that I change oil every 6 months with 5w-30. (complete with receipts of 5w-30 that I use for my other cars) The real records say that I go longer with 0w-30. My warranty is now expired and I have never had to make a claim, but if I had to make one, Ford wouldn't have had any reason to refuse my claim.
You see how easy that was??

OK - it's official. I'm locking this thread.

nutsbolts - good luck in your endeavors. I don't agree with your position, but I wish you the best, if only to be courteous.

Complaints about my action can be PM'd directly to me, but I suspect you all know why ...

Last edited:
My colleague's action in locking this thread was entirely proper. Frankly, we should have struck much sooner.

Javier

You got exactly what you deserved. You want us to provide you some justification for your extreme behavior, yet you repeatedly refuse to give us the most basic information necessary to provide that help. If you believe that “I have the right to put any oil I choose in the vehicle I purchase” (which is blatantly false), then there is absolutely no reason NOT to tell us what oil was involved.

If you didn’t want to be treated this way, then you should have shown us the same respect and answered our questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back