Bosch vs K&N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which oil filter is considered "better"? Bosch or K&N?

I've got several Bosch and K&N filters built up for my 4.7L Dodge and I want to use the "better" filter during the summer months (due to excessive heat, dust, & idling) and use the comparatively inferior filter in the fall/winter.

Originally Posted By: opposite_locker
Which oil filter is considered "better"? Bosch or K&N?

I've got several Bosch and K&N filters built up for my 4.7L Dodge and I want to use the "better" filter during the summer months (due to excessive heat, dust, & idling) and use the comparatively inferior filter in the fall/winter.

IMO the K&N is the better of the two. The Bosch filter is a good filter as well( if it is a newer one it should be the same basic thing as a Purolator ). The Bosch will be fine for an average OCI. I would run a K&N to 10K but I wouldn't go that long with a Bosch.

I might consider the K&N in the winter due to better flow on those cold mornings, well, what you see for cold isn't much but K&N does flow well. I have used them for years now with extended drains, up to 15 or so months on one vehicle. Pretty solid filter

what a quandry... the KN is a better filter, and yes, it flows a little better. there are arguements for using it either season!

I thought the K&N was designed to be used as a racing filter meaning it allows lots of flow, thus filtration efficiency is reduced.

Have they got a new model out?

K&N IMO.

Never have been a fan of anything Bosch, although their oil filters seem to be of high quality. I guess that's how they even out all the other Khrap they make.
smirk2.gif

I can't forgive Bosch for the 4 pronged spark plugs...so I pass on their oil filters. That said, they are not badly built.

M1 for filter efficiency, as its same as K&N except for the filtering media.

Have the stash of filters from GC & M1 "oil change" specials at Autozone.

Will stick with the K&N's for the summer, and use up Bosch other seasons. Never gets colder than 30 deg F here, but gets up to 110 F in the summer. Supposed to hit 106 this week.

I believe neither K&N nor Mobil manufacture the filters with their brand names. I'm under the impression that they're made my Champion Labs using variations of their cans and filter elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back