Cars you should have kept, or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any cars you guys got rid of that looking back, you wish you would have kept, now that you know so much about oil? For example; I bought a new 1986 Accord Lxi when I got married. Traded it off 16 years later with 168,000 miles. It saw a 4000 mile OCI only once! I KNOW I was an idiot. I know there are much better stories out there than that. Or, were there cars that you never changed oil in and now wonder how they kept running? Bored at work, Travis.

my 1979 Trans am Midnight blue golden eagle....
frown.gif

my 1993 Honda Del Sol
frown.gif

I traded both cars on new cars, I should of kept them, seeing how I got pretty much nothing in return for them. Ahhh to be young and dumb....

73 340 Duster.
69 Chevelle 300.

I paid $300 for the Chevelle and $125 for a wrecked Impala which I put the 302(yes a Chevy 302 somehow found it's way into a 1975 Impala)in the Chevelle.

Then I traded the Chevelle for the 340 Duster.

I sentimentally wish I still had my 99 Hyundai Elantra station wagon. Thing had a 5-speed manual and was both quick and fuel-efficient. Also great for hauling whatever. Probably better it died in a crash, as it wouldn't have passed NY state inspection that year without many hundreds of dollars of evaporative emissions work, and was starting to eat sensors at $50-75 a pop.

I think I have most of you beat on the stupid trade deals, and since I will probably never see any of you; 1971 Camaro, slight engine knock, body perfect, traded for the legendary 1984 Reliant K 4 door, in 1985. I just kicked my own a$$ again!

'59 Chevy Impala, 2 door hardtop. I was on Airman 2nd Class pay...never should have bought it ($650). But, boy was it fun while I had it! (This was in 1966)

1972 Corvette I purchased new and sold 7 years later to buy a P/U to go hunting with. Corvette was garaged and had never seen snow and had less than 20,000 miles when sold.

What was I thinking?

Originally Posted By: jcwit
1972 Corvette I purchased new and sold 7 years later to buy a P/U to go hunting with. Corvette was garaged and had never seen snow and had less than 20,000 miles when sold.

What was I thinking?

You and Travis1963 should get together and take turns kicking each other in the rear end
grin2.gif

1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL, 427/425hp, 4-speed, bought new
1965 Ford Mustang GT convertible, 289/225hp, 4-speed, bought new
1966 Shelby GT350, 289/306hp, originally automatic converted to 4-speed, bought 25 years after the '65 Mustang
1959 Porsche 356A sunroof coupe, 1600cc/60hp
I wish I still had them, any of them!

My first Benz, a 1984 280CE -- the coupe version of the legendary W123 body, with the M110 6-cyl. gas engine instead of a diesel. It was dark blue, with a palomino leather or MB-Tex interior, Euro headlights and headlight level control, and a rear fog light. It swallowed gas -- but it was loads of fun to drive.

At least I traded it for a car that was even better, the W126 420SEL sedan that I drove for five years until it was totalled.

The A/C in the 280CE wouldn't have stood up to the heat down here in The Swamp, though.

Originally Posted By: Travis1963
I think I have most of you beat on the stupid trade deals, and since I will probably never see any of you; 1971 Camaro, slight engine knock, body perfect, traded for the legendary 1984 Reliant K 4 door, in 1985. I just kicked my own a$$ again!
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif
Ouch! K cars were a laughing stock amoung my friends back in the day.....So how many years/miles did you get out of the Reliant?

- 1965 Buick Electra 225 Convertible (white on white + white top) 401 Nailhead (called a "445" on the air cleaner emblem)carter AFB, superturbine 400 with switch-pitch converter, J78-15 WhiteWalls and fender skirts, cherrybomb single exhaust.
- 1983 Porsche 944 MT Champagne Silver w/ dark chocolate interior
- 1967 Chevelle 396 SS, Marina blue/black interior; 4spd M21,12-bolt posi, headers, dual 2-1/8", Caddy 900cFM quadrajet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
Originally Posted By: Travis1963
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif
Ouch! K cars were a laughing stock amoung my friends back in the day.....So how many years/miles did you get out of the Reliant?

How 'Bout a 79 Ford Fairmont with suck through carbed turbo 2.3L?

This is why I've kept my GN even through the hard times. I put it up for sale once but refused every offer, one of which was MORE than what I was asking for it. I've owned it since I was 17 in 1994 and at 32 years of age I still have the car I learned how to slide in, the first car I took to the track, took to my highschool prom, college, apartment life, first ticket, 10 years of street races, and countless other great memories. It's like a time machine, when I drive it I still feel the same as I did when I was 17 and driving it for the first time. Even drove it instead of the brand new TL to my 10th highschool reunion. I had a few people ask if that was the same car I drove to highschool.

I'm like BuickGN. I've still got my 1987 GN. Bought new in 1987 and will always have it. I do regret letting 3 cars go: a 1985 Fiero SE with the V6 - what a quick and fun little car. a 1979 WS6 Trans Am- Brown w/Gold eagle and honeycombs, and a 1984 Cadillac Seville Diesel. Yes, I am crazy, but I like that Caddy it was smooth riding and with great gas milage. And I think I was the ONLY person in the world who never had a single problem with that 5.7 diesel engine. I sold it for 4,000 in 1991 to a nieghbor who still has it. I sold it to him in mint condition and with 97k miles. It now has 178k miles and looks terrible. He never cleans it and kept running it when a coolant hose burst until the engine siezed. He put a junkyard 4.1 gas engine in it.

Forgot one more - last year I sold my prized 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited (XJ small one). That was a nice vehicle, but the wife said I had to sell something when I bought the new 08 CTS. Well, still got my 78 CJ7 and Corvette and the GN so I am blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back