50/50 mix of Mobil 1 and Amsoil ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe for an '06 Camry with Aisin U250E or U151E transmission to have a 50/50 mix of Mobil 1 ATF and Amsoil Synthetic Universal ATF?

The Mobil web site says Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is
:

"Compatible with mineral ATF fluids and all common seal materials."[end quote]

Obviously Amsoil ATF in not mineral/dino oil, but synthetic.

Will Mobil 1 and Amsoil play nice together inside the transmission?

Last edited:
If it's supposed to have WS then maybe.

If it's supposed to have T-IV then yes, any mix of those three should be fine.

Thank you. I plan on flushing out the remainder of the T-IV this week, and replacing it with Mobil 1 ATF. Right now, there's a 50/50 mix of the T-IV factory fill and Mobil 1 ATF.

But in a year or two, when I do another ATF change, I might do a drain and refill with Amsoil ATF, making the ATF half Mobil 1 and half Amsoil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Why not do the cooler line flush, easier than you think. Drain and refills are not a cost effective way to change ATF.

Except that drain and fill with pan drop allows to remove debris and clean filter. Maybe this is why flushes have the bad rep, all dirt stays in.

Why not do the cooler line flush, easier than you think. Drain and refills are not a cost effective way to change ATF.

Yep, I will do a cooler line flush this week, but a year or two from now, I'll do a drain and refill.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Except that drain and fill with pan drop allows to remove debris and clean filter. Maybe this is why flushes have the bad rep, all dirt stays in.

The filters on most transmissions are felt and are commonly called rock catchers. Some are screens and do even less filtering.

If you want to filter the ATF get a Magnefine and really filter the ATF. It then takes 5 min to change the filter, and its a 35 micron filter with a magnet. If you have room go for a spin on filter.

Doing a cooler line flush take much less time than a drop of the pan and refill.

If you have a drain plug, then drain and refill the pan, then immediately do a cooler line flush. Best with synthetic ATF. This will be better than 99% of the shops would do and would cost much less.

Built_Well said:
Is it safe for an '06 Camry with Aisin U250E or U151E transmission to have a 50/50 mix of Mobil 1 ATF and Amsoil Synthetic Universal ATF?

The Mobil web site says Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is
Quote:
:

"Compatible with mineral ATF fluids and all common seal materials."[end quote]

Obviously Amsoil ATF in not mineral/dino oil, but synthetic.

Will Mobil 1 and Amsoil play nice together inside the transmission?

You might be on to something...Moboil...
LOL.gif
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back