Liqui Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BMW 316 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience using Liqui Moly oil? I did a search and found very little info on their products. I was considering their 5w-40 vollsynthese since here in Austria it is the cheapest synth oil around. Thanks

Liqui Moly oils are lile Aral, good quality oils, I have used their diesel HDEO in the past but not the synth with good results, they are available here in India as well.

You will most likeley find more info if you search under lubro-moly. It is not the easiest oil to get around here but I think there has been some discussion on the boards.

Yes lubro moly is the name of the oil made by liqui moly. I searched for that as well and found very little. Either its not that good or not many people have used it.
confused.gif

Nothing bad, but nothing ourstanding too. L.M. is one of the biggest blenders in Europe. Offers oils at very attractive prices, but not the cheapest on the market: there are other blenders. Mostly sells in Central and Eastern Europe, though, once in Germany I was very supprised to see a very respectable man using LM 10W-40 HD in his BMW. To my question "why, you, this ?" I was replied "cheap and approved by BMW". But I don't remember that an oil from L.M. was on the list of BMW appoved oils. May be I'm mistaken.

I can get Lubro Moly Synthetic 5w40 in a 5-liter jug for $29 at a local european parts store. I believe it's a fully synthetic oil or so it says on the bottle. I run it in my `93 325is M50, my g/f runs it in her `00 328ci M52, her dad runs it in his late `80's 635csi M30, and her mom's `01 330i M54 is running it. All our engines run great and no issues whatsoever. I've considered the Mobil 1 5w40 Truck & SUV since I run that in my dad's V6 F150 but I can purchase Lubro Moly for the same price so I figure I would run european oil in a european car
smile.gif

InterAuto in San Diego sells quite a bit of it to the PCA and BMWCCA guys, Matt Kogan used it in his E36 325is for a while, and then switched to the M1 EP 15w-50 with better results--less consumption and a bit cheaper than the high-end LubroMoly. Tim Comeau (PCA Spec944) swears by the stuff and runs their new 10w-60 race oil, but no UOA or anything else to back it up.

I still think that RedLine and M1 are better products, I can't see myself pouring in a dark "dirty" oil into my crankcase and worry about that stuff falling out of solution.

-JamesW
Dave Turner Motorsports

I go to InterAuto to purchase the Lubro Moly...I see the 10w60 there but since I don't even have a Motorsport engine nor is my engine being redlined 24/7, but close
smile.gif
, I just went for the 5w40 which is light brown/tan like any other oil when new. The 10w40 anti-friction by Lubro Moly oil is the dark grey "dirty" looking oil I have seen...a private BMW mechanic I know runs it in their early 90's Mazda MPV V6 with over 200k miles on the original engine so I imagine it performs pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back