Amsoil ATF and ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any estimate on what type of fuel economy increase could be expected from running this product in a Dex VI application (GM 1500 Pickup)?? It's being pitched as a fuel efficient formula, but what's the gig?? 1-2% with all factors held equal?? I'm assuming the winter time would give the best edge due to parasitic losses at cold temps.

color is just the way Mfr's identify their fluid. you need to know what is in the oil. Get spec sheet if you really want to know what you put in your vehicle.

Last edited:
As far as Transmission Fluid. I have a customer report 40 degree cooler operating temps and intervals that exceeded 1400hrs on trenchers (250hrs mfr intervals)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lower viscosity often results in better fuel economy--although no one can guarantee mileage gains, how you drive, and what your driving habits are will determine that.

Btw - I have it (ATL) installed in my 2008 GMC 1500 Z71 E. Cab GMC. I noticed my avg mpg has gone up 0.2 since installing it about 1,000 miles ago now and my around town trans temp stays below 150° and pulling a small trailer (

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Tell Amsoil I'm sorry, but I don't like the transmission fluid in the silver bottle. I prefer the bottle I can see through. I wish they would put all their products in the opaque bottles and just use different color caps and labels.

I know for a fact they had problems with the supplier of these translucent bottles in that the manf. cut quality which in turn resulted in a lot of damaged products in shipping. The colored bottles are more durable.

Mike_dup1 I know for a fact they had problems with the supplier of these translucent bottles in that the manf. cut quality which in turn resulted in a lot of damaged products in shipping. The colored bottles are more durable. [/quote said:
Funny back in the 90's they were fine...

I liked the translucent bottles so you could see how much is left.

By on the flip side I get translucent bottles of lawn fert up to $1,000 for 2.5 gallons and are fine....

Maybe I should tell Amsoil to lok around.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I never liked yellow bottles, but it just goes to show you, you can't judge an oil by the color of the bottle!
LOL.gif

I was seeing the AFY in a clear bottle in the catalog but found silver in the stores that carry it for retail. I liked the look of the clear but I am not picky about that. It would have been nice but the main thing is that it doesn't ruin my a604. The car is a 2002 Dodge Neon SXT. The transmission already died once and was replaced with a rebuilt one. Hopefully this one lasts longer. I have the a604 and it had bad publicity because so many of them failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back