Peak motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have FAR 10W30 Peak oil in '94 Lexus LS400. The engine is running very smooth with it, quieter than Chevron Supreme or Havoline Deposit Shield of the same weight. May be because it is thinner than either one. For the same price, I would buy it again.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I have FAR 10W30 Peak oil in '94 Lexus LS400. The engine is running very smooth with it, quieter than Chevron Supreme or Havoline Deposit Shield of the same weight. May be because it is thinner than either one. For the same price, I would buy it again.

same price =FAR?
LOL.gif

Peak 5W-30 is working well in my Toyota.

It's quieter.

Gas mileage is down a little.

Viscosity must be higher than the YBP and PP that I had been using in the vehicle.

Got 15 more quarts (3 changes) so I'll be sticking with it at least that long.

Peak is supposed to be thinner than both PYB and PP according to their data sheets.

One of the thinner 5W-30s around, supposedly.

Originally Posted By: spursfan600
is it good that its a thinner oil?

Some would say yes, some would say no. Peak 5W-30 is close to a 20-weight.

Info from their website shows it a bit on the thin side but nothing I'd worry about at all.

SAE Viscosity Grade 5W-30
Bulk Part Number P3M050
Drum Part Number P3M051
API Classification SM
ILSAC GF-4
API Gravity 32
Flash Point, ºC 206
Pour Point, ºC -39
Viscosity
'@ 40 ºC, cSt 55
'@ 100 ºC, cSt 9.94

Viscosity Index 169
Noack Volatility 14.5
Sulfated Ash, wt% 0.96

Worst running oil I ever had in our 05 rav 4. Mobil clean 5000 or Exxon superflo ran much better with better mileage. I think someone "peaked" in the bottle. Look at that bad NOACK volatility. Any VOA/ UOA to support my ascertion its a weak oil?

Alot of oils only say >15%
These NOACk numbers are not out of the norm.
THis oil is SM GF4. Its a good oil many are getting a great price on.

It is the official oil of the Indycar series, which alone makes it more interesting than anything NASCAR approved. BTW, Mobil 1 is what is used in all the Indycar engines.

Another rebranded oil. Probally WPP made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back