What's up with hood scoops on pickup trucks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasteful, upsized wheels and tires, SLIGHTLY lowered or raised stance (versus the belly dragging the ground or need for a ladder to get in it) and a nice sounding exaust system would make for a great truck.

The "please don't" list:

Billet grilles, fake scoops / vents, windshield visors, wheel arch / running board combinations without widening the track of the truck, extreme lowering or raising, obnoxious exausts, overdone decaling / striping, chromed everything, tractor tires, tonneau covers with integrated wing spoilers, Corvette-style taillights in the rear bumper, shaved door handles, LED ground lighting.

A perfect example of half-assed, thoughtless modification. Mirrors on the inside of the hood...why? So we can't miss how filthy and nasty your engine is? And congrats on rendering the trunk completely useless. Yuck. But, LOVE the exterior color...just not on a Maxima

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: D189379
One of the reasons I bought my Frontier over a Tacoma was that fruitcake looking scoop the Tacoma comes with.

thumbsup2.gif
LOL.gif
OEM built in bling.

I thought only the TRD Sport came with the scoop? I've seen several mods done to the Tacoma hood scoop to make it useable, even Volant CAI's utilizing the scoop for ram air.

The jacked up fullsize diesel p/u pinheads litter the landscape in my area with or without scoops. It's neolithic.

Originally Posted By: Challenger71
The jacked up fullsize diesel p/u pinheads litter the landscape in my area with or without scoops. It's neolithic.

Don't get me started on that one. Tons of diesels here too with the giant semi style exhaust stacks that go through the bed. Some of these are huge diameter at least a foot across. You can usually spot them on the interstate in your rear view spewing smoke from a mile or so behind you. Probably more pollution from one of these then ten big rigs.

Originally Posted By: daddi
Originally Posted By: Challenger71

Don't get me started on that one. Tons of diesels here too with the giant semi style exhaust stacks that go through the bed. Some of these are huge diameter at least a foot across. You can usually spot them on the interstate in your rear view spewing smoke from a mile or so behind you. Probably more pollution from one of these then ten big rigs.

Yeah, we've got them here too. In fact a guy I know has a lifted 92 Dodge with a pair of 8" stacks on it.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Someone linked this on the maxima board but i think it is relevant to this thread http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/1227186298.html

The color isn't bad. I would have left the interior white. When they tinted the headlights to that color, made it look like [censored]. We won't get into the big [censored] rims, or the worthless mirrors as mentioned on a stock never cleaned motor.

I thought the quality of the paint job was great but the rest of the car is ugly. I don't know how it will sell for $20k.

It appears quite well done for what it is. It's surely not on my list of stuff to do when I cash in my non-existent home equity, but he sure put some thought into the work ..and appeared to do it well.

I'm sure there's good cause for those who do it, but I never quite got the sound system thing ..nor the DVD LCD screen thing ..nor ..well ..just about all of it.

I'd be into minor distinctive appointments that added to functionality with class ..for lack of a better term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back