Post your latest oil change

1980 Dodge van. Rebuilt to be a 20 passenger van. Longer, wider, and heavier than a standard van. It has been sitting in a pasture belonging to his father for a few years until a friend rescued it. We have been working on it on the weekends.

He is using it to haul stuff and people around for a homeless ministry he does on Sundays. And he must be doing God's work cause the Bus hasn't abandond hope and stranded him somewhere. It really is an amaizing piece of work.

Right now it has 1 bottle Auto RX in it, 5 quarts of Quaker State Green bottle 10w30, and 1/2 quart of Mobile Drive clean to top it off. With a Mopar filter.
His father told him when he picked it up "yeah I think I did ONE oil chang on it ONCE." I figure it is a good Auto RX candidate.

It has a 5.2 Liter 8 cyl engine with a 2 barrel carb and a 4 gear auto transmission, 3 forward, 1 reverse. The only dial that works is the aftermarket Tempature guage. No Tach, Speedometer, Odometer, or fluid levels. We figured out it had a 33 gallon tank by filling it up, and we figured out we needed to replace fuel lines by pulling off the engine covers and looking at the leaks.

I probably need to start a thread on this Van/Bus and keep you guys informed.

Maintenance day for the 07 3.0L Accord. 19.6k miles on the clock, 6100 mi. on dealer Honda(MC5k) oil and filter. Dang OLM only at 30% but it had been 10&1/2 months and I could take no more. Normally would change at 5k/6m but the OLM is rather convincing.
21.gif

Quaker State Horsepower Syn 4.5qts.*
Pure One Oil Filter PL 14610
New crush washer
Fram Air Filter 9600, half the cost of Honda. Looked fine. tricky to put in until you get technique.
Discount Tire Rotation

*Notes
First synthetic oil change ever, in many years DIY OC
I will go the distance (or very close) this time using OLM OCI.
Drain plug was a pita to get off because of dealer tightening. Glad I had a 6 point socket, and hammer tap to ratchet finally freed it up.
First oil filter on Honda I've had with base up (verticle) position. ADBV should be no factor.
Reseting Maintenance minder, OLM, took some reading. lol

A successful Honda maintenance day.

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
4.3 ??? are you sure ???

4.3 L sump down here, a quart is close enough to a litre...

Just changed the oil this morning in the Focus. Had 9600 on M1 5-30, Changed to M1 5-30EP. will run that for at least 11,000 miles.

As of April 2009:

2003 Buick Park Avenue, non-supercharged 3.8L engine
5 quarts of Castrol GTX, 5W-30; maintenance dose of Auto-Rx
Purolator PureOne filter

At 3K miles, added 1 pint of SuperTech 5W-30 conventional

2007 Chevrolet Impala 3.5L. 4 quarts of Valvoline Durablend with a Bosch oil filter. I do intervals at 10% of the OLM, which translates to between 4,000 and 5,000 miles, depending on how many cold start/short trips there was.

Maxlife Synth. Blend 5W30 with a Purolator Premium Plus filter and a 3 Oz of ARX.Planning on a 4000 Mi OCI

Just finished up our 98 Blazer. 4.3L 226,000 miles

3.5 quarts Chevron Supreme 10w-30, 1 quart of Valvoline 5w-30 with a Proline Filter. Total cost of oil change was about 8 bucks.
thumbsup2.gif

06 jeep liberty 3.7L

5 quarts of 5w-30 supertech
motorcraft fl-400s

3000 mile interval
mostly urban short trip driving

2004 malibu classic 2.2 (4cyl) this morning at 83,500mi
synpower 5w-30 and a napa gold 7082
good for another 5000 miles

Back