2005 corolla AC doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I think you have to have a emissions related problem for the ECU to be covered.

Also I think his is out of warranty. From the EPA web site;

"For 1995 and newer model year vehicles, emission control and emission related parts are warranted for the first 2 years or 24,000 miles of vehicle use. Specified major emission-control components are warranted for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles of vehicle use."

130k is a little over.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I missed the part that his 05 had 130K miles. That is insane.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mikered30

My 2005 is within 200 miles of 136,000 miles....

Just becoming broken in..

Originally Posted By: mikered30

My 2005 is within 200 miles of 136,000 miles....

Just becoming broken in..

Yep, we have two Corolla's, great cars.

OK so they replaced the ECU and 3 days later the AC goes out again. Its sitting at yota as we speak. They said they will refund all $$ spent to date on it. so thats cool..

what else can it be?? can the low pressure switch make the computer do what it did (read earlier posts about computer)?? i am lost now over this..

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
OK so they replaced the ECU and 3 days later the AC goes out again. Its sitting at yota as we speak. They said they will refund all $$ spent to date on it. so thats cool..

what else can it be?? can the low pressure switch make the computer do what it did (read earlier posts about computer)?? i am lost now over this..

update-- compressor clutch.. this is what they jsut told me haha.. something how it cycles back on it grounds out shorting something.. she said in the 30 some years working there she has never seen them go bad like that esp in a young car.. the joys of a dealersht

Try replacing the Hi/Lo pressure switches... They could be sticking and work temporarily and then stick.
thumbsup2.gif

Edit: Just saw your update... Glad you got it sorted!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC

Try replacing the Hi/Lo pressure switches... They could be sticking and work temporarily and then stick.
thumbsup2.gif

Edit: Just saw your update... Glad you got it sorted!

well its sorted for now.. who knows. a few days later we maybe back. if we do i will tell them to replace the hi low switches.. they said they tested them but of course i am not there to see them.. i wish i knew more about this mess.

UPDATE -- back to the shop we went. they put the old puter back in and changed the clutch out. worked for 2 days and started doing it again.. now its just not as bad. it will work for 10-15 mins and shut off for a minute up to 20 mins and randomly cut back on..

can anyone guess now what it maybe? all signs point to a wiring issues. when the ac works its very cold.

I think the answer to try next is;

"Try replacing the Hi/Lo pressure switches... They could be sticking and work temporarily and then stick"

Did they refund the computer? And the $$ for diag that they spent and did not fix the problem?

And people state here that the Stealership is the ONLY place that knows how to work on cars....
crackmeup2.gif

I'd change out the pressure switch and see where it goes from there. While on a test drive, have they hooked up a meter to the clutch to see if its getting power WHEN the A/C shuts off for that minute?

If the power IS being shut off then the pressure switch could be a issue.

Good luck, Bill

I think the answer to try next is;

"Try replacing the Hi/Lo pressure switches... They could be sticking and work temporarily and then stick"

Did they refund the computer? And the $$ for diag that they spent and did not fix the problem?

And people state here that the Stealership is the ONLY place that knows how to work on cars....
crackmeup2.gif

I'd change out the pressure switch and see where it goes from there. While on a test drive, have they hooked up a meter to the clutch to see if its getting power WHEN the A/C shuts off for that minute?

If the power IS being shut off then the pressure switch could be a issue.

Good luck, Bill

yes they have refunded our $$ so far.. they replaced the clutch and if thats not the issues which i am almost positive it isnt the issue then they better refund us that for sure. my luck they will be like "well it was bad so we replaced it" ... they have a different tech working on it. i may call her back and tell her (again) about the high or low pressure switch sticking making it cut off....

however here are the symptoms.. as of after the clutch replacement the AC will work great then shut off for a few minutes then come back on. it has been working better since the replacement but the symptoms are still there.. before it just shut off for a long time and wont come back on for quite some time. now it just cuts off and on within 20 mins on either

-- Update, she swore up and down that its no the high or low pressure switch. they keep losing ground at or near the computer AGAIN.. they have a call to toyota corporate for help on this.. could it be a possible short or possible loose connection at a wire harness? it keeps losing ground..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back