Chassis lube for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Valvoline brand Chassis lube for Ford products for everything I can hook my nozzle to under my truck. I do it every 500-1000 miles, depending on how much I go mudding, and how often I feel it to be necessary. Is this particular type of lube ok for my U-joints? Thanks.

Thanks. Figured if they have no problems over the last year, it ain't hurting everything. Good old Google brought up results of people saying to 'NEVER' use it on u-joints, but I found just as many people saying they use theirs for u-joints. I figure it's best to just keep fresh grease in there and keep it clean.

Know of any hidden nozzle hook ups (forget the correct word) that are commonly missed that I should look to grease on the 86 F-150's? I found 4 up front, on there's two on my rear driveshaft u-joints. Don't see any on my front driveshaft.

Just 4 up front? Hmmmm, must be a lot of sealed units. Last Ford truck I had there were upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and the steering linkage. Both my front and rear u-joints had fittings. Now my 2004 Wrangler had all the fittings up front, but the u-joints were sealed.

The ball joints is what I'm afraid I'm missing. I feel all around for a fitting, but never feel one. What year/model was your Ford? I'm always up under the truck without jacks, so I never have the best view. Tie rod ends have 4, I assume?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Used to be parts had a threaded plug that you could replace with a grease fitting.

Yes a good idea too. Looking under my new Jeep much to my disappointment there are no grease fittings, and no provisions for them.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back