'05 Duramax UOA w/ 18k on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to try Delo, but in my general area, it's never on sale. Rotella always seems to be priced where it's hard to beat around Indiana. That was, until Devlac had the $3 rebate/gallon. I stocked up on that stuff for a final cost of $7/gallon from Rural King late last fall. It was CJ-4 15w-40.

I know that Delo, Delvac and Rotella all are made in 10w-30, but I can only find the Rotella ever on the shelf. I'd love to try the Delvac or Delo in the ligher grade, but they simply don't exist in my area. Shame, as it would be fun to compare those to the Rotella.

I hope to be doing a UOA on my Dmax either this fall or early spring. I've not done one yet because I have low mileage, and the high copper issue is known in the Dmax during "break-in". I didn't see the sense in doing a UOA yet on a well-running stock truck, until it "normalizes". When I get the results, I'll post up. I think people might be pleasantly suprised how well a dino 10w-30 will do in "normal" applications.

Cowhorse01: Dave articulated my thoughts very well. Good on ya! You'd make a fine Scotsman! Just don't start thinking with your dipstick or anything.

Jim and Dave, thanks for your comments/thoughts....good stuff. Dave, I look forward to seeing that UOA when you get it. I have been trying to talk my friend with his 6.0 into trying that oil. He is using RTS 5w-40 at the moment but changing every 5k to avoid the dreaded shearing. I think that you are on to something when you say it stabilizes at 30w. Hopefully I can get him to try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back