Whats the best oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know theres no definative answer, and sometimes it will be down to personal opinion.

So what for YOU, has been the TWO best oils, whatever your application was? So be it a Turbo, or diesel, longevity of your engine, performance etc?

M.

For my 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan - 2.0L turbo flat-4, it would be a full synthetic 5W-30 that meets the manufacturer's recommendation of a GF-3/GF-4 oil.

I'm currently using Mobil 1 (SuperSyn) 5W-30. Other than that, maybe Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 (not the "Euro" version).

The best oils are synthetic & the brand & weight depends on what your vehicle likes most. Two completely assembled, identical new engines coming off the assembly line may not like the same oil.

It's the same with rifles. One Browning BAR in .270 may not like the ammunition/cartridge that an identical Browning will like.

Plus... driving habits are different. I might drive completely opposite of you using the same identical vehicle. But my car may last 500K and yours only 100K because you hot-rodded yours.

We all need to experiment with oils & see how our vehicles respond to it.

There's only one "for certain"
Synthetic oils are better than blends & dinos in a vast majority of passenger vehicles that are just beyond 5K. Some exceptions are there... but very few. Older vehicles may not always like the switch to synthetics. You must keep an eye & ear on those.

Chevron Supreme.
grin.gif

It is hard to fault $00.49 per quart after rebate (I had to add the extra position to the left of the decimal point to allow for the "IT COSTS MORE! It just must be better!?!" crowd...) Chevron Supreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back