Big Corporation methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just too funny not to post...

realworkplace.jpg

Yup... My supervisor who was a very hard working person got let go while I was on vacation last week. All the "corporate fat" are staying and got a pay increase due to the "restructuring"
mad.gif

LOL, thats how it is at many places.
LOL.gif

The worker ant does all the work while the 'boss' makes sure things are getting done correctly.

We have a consulting firm in our office for the next two weeks evaluating all our processes, systems and I suppose they'll also be determining who's expendable via outsourcing. We already outsourced our desktop support team.

What's funny to me is that the company hired to do this filed bankruptcy and laid off countless workers in the past few years, and they're fit to tell us how to run our business? From the last few conference calls I was on, I'm of the opinion that they're a bunch of ruthless outsoucers, and for good reason. Most of what they outsource will be outsourced to THEM. Objectivity goes out the window in this situation.

The last suggestion from them that I paid any attention to was concerning the CD-ROM invoices that I produce and mail to our larger customers. Their suggestion was for them to gather the data and refine it (something I've been doing for 9 years) and email it to me to burn on to CDs and mail them....basically increasing the number of people handling it by double. Wow....now that's a cost cutter if I ever heard of one.

I'm curious how much money we're spending on this expedition to save money.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Sounds like the movie Office Space.
wink.gif
Worth renting if you haven't already seen it.
LOL.gif

A couple years ago, on one of the many RIF's (reduction in force / layoff), we had a RIF-day party. We watched Office Space in the conference room on the projector, and we ordered pizza.

Fortunately, none of us at the local office got RIF'd or the party would have been in poor taste
LOL.gif

My work had a 'movie afternoon' and showed Office Space. Management got ticked that we spent an afternoon watching a movie dissing office work, and that was the end of movie afternoons.

One of my favourite movies!

I have watched the DVD so many times I had to buy a second copy because it ended up scratched to [censored] from just wear/tear. Still makes me laugh when they beat the $#!@ out of the fax machine!
LOL.gif

I know, all too well, how very true this is in large US companies. Maybe not all of them, but darn near most of them.

To see this picture is bitter-sweet. It's funny, but only in a sick, ironic way.

The only way more "truth" could be added is that it would be a union shop, and the steward would be reminding you all how Andre needed a break-off man ...

Of course many of those useless people are kept busy documenting that the company complies with all the federal, state, and local regulations. The financial companies will be adding even more under all the regulations.

So maybe regulation is the new "jobs program" Gary keeps talking about since the car biz isn't doing such a good job of creating jobs.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have watched the DVD so many times I had to buy a second copy because it ended up scratched to [censored] from just wear/tear. Still makes me laugh when they beat the $#!@ out of the fax machine!
LOL.gif

That's my wife's favourite seen! She cheers that scene, and I think it actually does something 'theraputic' for her! LOL!

My favourite parts (there are lots of them!):

The 'flair' excange between Jennifer Anistons character and her boss at the restaurant;

When Peter decides to do let it all hang out at work, the stuff he does - gutting the fish on the reports, knocking down the wall...

The 'Bobs' meeting Peter has.

Heck, the whole movie is great!

The whole movie is great... My favourite is when he knocks over the one side of his cube so he can see outside, then plays Tetris. Then he tells Bill that he can't do what Bill wants because he's "Kinda Busy" and that he has a meeting with the Bob's in a few minutes!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back