Soot 0.0
Oxidation 14
Nitration 7.00

UOA History

Originally Posted By: Bill Plock
Yes, all UOA's are with changes.

shocked2.gif
spankme2.gif

seriously..high TBN #s and virtually NO wear???!!!
spankme2.gif
spankme2.gif
spankme2.gif
45.gif

But I did notice that the highest iron counts were with Amsoil. I wonder if that's break in or "not so good" protection?

What's really interesting is the difference in the two labs that analyzed the run on Amsoil. Those numbers are quite a bit different, especially with Copper.

Originally Posted By: Blizare
Well thats a HUGE waste of good oil..

It currently goes into a waste oil furnace .. If you want it I'll sell it to you .. 50 cents a quart plus shipping
07.gif

.. If you want it I'll sell it to you .. 50 cents a quart plus shipping
07.gif

LOL.gif

If you want to do these short changes why not drop the UOA's and/or the bypass. You could safely do an occasional UOA for trending with or without the bypass. Since its already installed I would leave the bypass on and cut back on UOA's.

Or you could always start doing longer OCI
34.gif

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
.. If you want it I'll sell it to you .. 50 cents a quart plus shipping
07.gif

LOL.gif

If you want to do these short changes why not drop the UOA's and/or the bypass. You could safely do an occasional UOA for trending with or without the bypass. Since its already installed I would leave the bypass on and cut back on UOA's.

Or you could always start doing longer OCI
34.gif

Thanks for the suggestions but I confess .. I'm afflicted with compulsive oil change disorder or COCD.. Despite being fully informed on the longer life characteristics of today's engine oils and the benefits of bypass filtration, I can't help my self .. I just like to change oil ..
21.gif
cost, time, ect, are irrelevant to me .. I also get a kick out of doing the UOA's and seeing the low wear numbers.

I love it.....HONESTY.....good for you Bill. Enjoy your oil changing!!! Some of us can't resist the wrench!

Thanks for the suggestions but I confess .. I'm afflicted with compulsive oil change disorder or COCD.. Despite being fully informed on the longer life characteristics of today's engine oils and the benefits of bypass filtration, I can't help my self .. I just like to change oil

Isn't it freeing to sharing in group.

Step #2 you have to sit down and tell your freinds and family about your problem and ask for forgiveness. The long walks searching the isles at walmart just to find you staring at jugs of oil. The needless trips to the parts store looking for 50 cents off a case. Driving to parts of town you have no reason being in just looking to score some Delo or PP.

We all know what its like.

I have the same affliction. Comparing oil specs on a spreadsheet. Calculating oil costs on a spreadsheet. Considering trying xyz oil (Mobil, Shell, Redline, Amsoil) next time just to see how it does. Changing my oil every 10K miles even though OA shows it's just fine.

Mr. Plock, you score high marks for honesty and conceptual understanding, because you realize that your wants outweigh your needs. Kudos to you.

I disagree with your operating methods, but cannot argue with your decision; you obviously recognize your BITOG affliction, and I applaud your conviction.

Can't say that some of us aren't "bent" in our views as well. Some, such as myself, have WAY more oil in the garage than we could ever use in a year's time ...
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I also get a kick out of doing the UOA's and seeing the low wear numbers.
You know, you can always use a sampling pump to do a UOA for $25 and send the other $50 you'd spend on an unnecessary oil change to me instead.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back