15/50wt or 10/60wt synthetic for aircool engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
liter. Is it commonly available in Asia?>

Yes, but we have to be very careful—all Helix packing look almost the same, only the price tag is a sure indication of synthetics $35 4 liters and a lot of branded fakes synthetics are being sold.

workshops too. I still can't believe how nuts the Malaysians go over the Perdana, and how expensive cars are over there.>

Ha! It’s the monsoon season over here now so its cooler you can be assured that it does get 38C under the hot sun stuck in traffic breathing all the exhaust
smile.gif
Malaysia with only 25 million people has the highest motor vehicle 700,000 units sold a year compared to the rest of South East Asian countries. True, I couldn’t figure it out how Malaysians can afford to buy cars at such mad ridiculously high price—anyone can walk-up to a car dealer use their credit card to pay 5% value of the car with zero interest payable over 36 months and the balance over a 9 years repayment.

With all those “dodgy” roadside mechanics/workshops—the government is making it compulsory for all new ones to attend a course and must be certified before they are allowed to start business—because all those people with their expensive cars are getting ripped-off and they are making a big fuss about it and the “dodgy” workshop said on one asked them to patronize them and they can go elsewhere if they are not happy… ha, ha, ha, the joke is that they are mostly all “dodgy” ones where ever they go and now certified dodgy ones—how’s that for trying to regulate an industry when car owners don’t want to know more about the mechanics of their cars and go for the cheapest workshops.

Paul, were you on holiday in KL last week? Which part of US are you from?

quote:

Originally posted by sagaboy:
Paul, were you on holiday in KL last week? Which part of US are you from?

It wasn't Paul, it was me, and I'm from Australia
wink.gif

I stopped off at Singapore first, before going to KL. I stayed with a friend from University at their house, in Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya, Selangor (next to the "Malaysian Cowboys" !
grin.gif
). I did the touristy thing, went to Putrajaya, saw the fireflies at night, went to the Twin Towers (did the skybridge tour), KLCC, Genting, Batu Caves, Butterfly Park, and way too much shopping !
grin.gif
I picked up a Sony Vaio WiFi laptop for $1,000 less than it is down here. Also got a great Kodak 10x optical zoom digicam.

It was a great trip !
smile.gif

Shell Helix Ultra is way overpriced here in the US, due to availability only at exotic car dealers, something like $30US/liter. Is it commonly available in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back