Make your own wheel cleaner: 10 cents / quart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: go0sebumpz
dumb question, but you guys use 303 aerospace on wheels too?

Not their protectant, that's for tires, vinyl, plastic, etc.

303 does not make a wheel cleaner. You are best off using a dedicated wheel cleaning product, then waxing your wheels when they are clean and dry.

I dont know if I would use the Bar Cleaner, I use P21S its safe for all wheels and then after cleaning two coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Rims look brand new all the time :)

I've never had a wheel that needed anything more than water, mild soap, and a rag to clean. What do you people drive through that you are forced to turn to acids to clean them up?

I found changing the brake pads on my BMW to Axxis/PBR deluxe plus solved all my wheel cleaning problems. Now I wash them the same way I do the rest of the car.

Originally Posted By: go0sebumpz
dumb question, but you guys use 303 aerospace on wheels too?

It won't clean them but it helps keep brake dust from sticking. Just spray some on the wheels when you spray the tires.

Originally Posted By: Islandvic
Simple Green is very very bad for rims.

Most OTC rim cleaners are too acidic or caustic for my taste.

I don't even use it diluted! Especially now that I have bare aluminum wheels on my F250. Regular car wash soap and water and an MF towel does the trick. Even more now that I have to coats of REJEX on them.

Originally Posted By: D189379
I've never had a wheel that needed anything more than water, mild soap, and a rag to clean. What do you people drive through that you are forced to turn to acids to clean them up?

Some of the black wheel dust can stick pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back