Echo SRM-210 Trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not strat this season..about 7 yrs old but in good shape.

I put on a new carb and fuel line / primer tube assembley and gasket.

Seems to prime and drain well...will on occasion sputter... has spark.

Blew it out to dry new NGK plug as gas was coming out...

So to summarize it has a spark....getting gas to engine...no noticible air in tubes.

Using 50:1 Amsoil Sabre' and this is a new mix.

Any suggestions as I am tired for the day pulling the cord.

I went back over the carb/engine etc.

Rechecked the gap of the new NGK plug and it was .060...OMG!

I forgot to check it...how could it be off by that much?

Echo calls for .035 and so I regapped it...put the plug in and it started right up.

Well it got new fuel lines that were begining to get cracked and a $50.00 new carb.

Will certainly last another 7-10+ yrs on it's Amsoil Sabre' 50:1 diet..

A new unit goes for about $225-250.

Last edited:
One of my weedeaters wouldnt start this season either. I took apart the carb 3 times, it would fire a little then sputter and die. Finally I shot B-12 chemtool in the can in the lines and thru the carb and let it soak.. it fired right up. Must have been some varnish in there?

For what its worth... I have been researching a new trimmer for about 2 weeks now. The older echo srm210 are not the same as the new ones. The new ones are basically junk, and echo is using cheaper parts now. Echo and Shindaiwa merged so did Redmax and Husqvarna.. its all about saving money.

I was just about to give up on my 8 year old Poulan and buy the new Husky 323 but she fired up for me and is giving me service for now.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

For what its worth... I have been researching a new trimmer for about 2 weeks now. The older echo srm210 are not the same as the new ones. The new ones are basically junk, and echo is using cheaper parts now. Echo and Shindaiwa merged so did Redmax and Husqvarna.. its all about saving money.

Nah. The newer Echos are every bit as good as the older ones! I have a 10 year old SRM2100 and just picked up a brand new SRM 230. The 230 is actually a bit better than the 2100. BTW, the 2100 still runs, but was wearing out. I expect the 230 to last just as long. It has a 5yr warranty.

I kinda doubt the differece in sparkplug gap caused the total no start. If it was fouled enough, maybe the re-gap was just enough to get it to light off. Once they heat up they are generally good to go. $50 for a new weedwacker carb? I hope it's an amsoil brand.

Joel

Originally Posted By: 4esorselrahc
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

Nah. The newer Echos are every bit as good as the older ones! I have a 10 year old SRM2100 and just picked up a brand new SRM 230. The 230 is actually a bit better than the 2100. BTW, the 2100 still runs, but was wearing out. I expect the 230 to last just as long. It has a 5yr warranty.

The SRM-230 is still the exact same trimmer as the older model other than the orange plastic instead of grey. The SRM-210 OTOH is no longer available and has been replaced with the inferior SRM-225. It's not only heavier, but I hate the new handles on the new Echo's, the older ones we much more comfortable for extended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back