How do you send your oil sample to Blackstone Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Michelob
I mailed it yesterday in an envelope that cost
$1.39 and the postage was $2.36 and they said it should arrive within 2 or 3 days and I also asked to know when it is delivered and got a little paper with which I can go online and get info the total was $4.50. Never done one before and this was the 4th oil change on a new car so while I can!t compare it to anything it will let me see how the oil is working and I asked for a tbn also. They did ask if it was liquid and I said yes and he asked me what and I said used motor oil. I showed him the letter and he said ok. He did write liquid on the outside but not what type.

For that price you might as well use $4.95 Priority Mail small box (box is provided for free by Post Office). You can print the shipping label on your computer and tape it to the box when you get to the Post Office and get free delivery tracking online.

I don't like sending liquids in an envelope which can get crushed, and you can send a larger sample in the box.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
My post office has no issues mailing any oil. I walked in, told her what it was (they mail this sort of stuff quite frequently apparently), and since I kind of know her too (my mother used to work there), she got me a box and some of those air pads for the box since just mailing the round, black bottle "wouldn't be such a good idea." Anyways, mailed it Prioirty Friday afternoon, and I had my results from Blackstone in my e-mail inbox Monday morning. Not too bad for $4.95 IMO.

When you ship anything in a box (Post Office, Fed Ex, UPS, etc) if there is anything rattling around in there they get very nervous. You can use old newspaper or wrapping paper to stuff the box so the bottle will not rattle around, you don't need expensive plastic bubble wrap. The small Priority box only needs about 1/2 sheet of newspaper to stuff it.

I got all of the stuff to pack it for free (the box, some bubble wrap, and the air pads), so it didn't bother me either way, but nothing "rattled" in the bottle. I think it had more to do with the size/shape of the bottle with just screw-on lid and a sticker on the side.

I just sent 2 samples in the cardboard sleeve they sent me with 2 test kits in it. I sent it by US Postal Service Priority Mail and it only cost $ 4.95. Sent in Weds morning and got results back Friday afternoon! Now that is service my friends!!!

I walk in with the black round jar (taped). I hand it to the lady. I say "liquid = non-haz ..used motor oil" ..she stamps it ..and I leave. It does get snagged by the postal fairy every so often, but it's rare that I NEED the results right away. I only wonder about loss. One time I inquired to Blackstone about a 3 week late result. It apparently never got sent to me via email. I doubt that I deleted it by accident - possible - but highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back