Need help finding suitable oils ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there automotive lubricants that could replace or be the equivelant of the following industrial fluids?

1. Shell Tellus oil 10
2. Shell Omala oil 150
3. Shell Macoma 72 (SAE90)
4. Shell grease S. 3655 (semi-liquid gear grease) or
BP Energrease HT 0

I am working on a West Germany made(Krones) bottle labeler used in the labeling of beer bottles after they are filled. Most of the resivoirs are empty or nearly empty, and we are bottling tomorrow. I am hoping to use anything close for now, and will change to the specified fluid later. I will need to purchase at an auto parts store as the oil distributors are now closed till monday.

Any help would be appreciated. And if you are in the San Diego area, there might be beer in it for you.

For the Tellus 10 I am wondering if I could use power steering fluid, but the PS fluid says petroleum oil and the tellus is mineral--are they different?

Omala 150 I have no clue.

Macoma 72, I am thinking any 90w gear oil?

For your grease try to find any nlgi zero for now, if not perhaps an open gear compound may work.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I take it back, The 10 weight is for the auto oiler in the air system. Air tool oil?
Go for it.

The ATF was a little heavy according to specs. Here is what I will use until I can get the specified stuff:

1. For the Tellus 10---air tool oil
2. For the Omalla 150---Amsoil Manual trans and transaxle gear lube (I have it and don't need it)
3. For the Macoma 72---Coastal 80-90 gear oil.
4. I'll wait till I get the right stuff (this item is less urgent)

All the above will be changed out as I find and get the correct stuff.
I will also use Amsoil multipurpose spray grease and Amsoil 5th wheel and open gear compound on various other neglected areas.
Thanks for all the help everyone...cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back