Ferox fuel tablets? Has anyone tried them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly they help remove carbon deposits from your engine...

Ferox is a fuel additive. It was developed by Wesley Parish in 1985 from work done on experimental burn rate modifiers for solid rocket propellant systems used in the aerospace industry. Ferox was originally designed to lengthen the life of engines. Until recently, it has been used predominantly in the marine, mining, and trucking industries. It is now used as a fuel additive in common automobile engines using gasoline, diesel, and others. The newest form is in a small tablet that is added with fuel into the tank to be dissolved.

There is evidence that ferox can lower polluting emissions, improve gas mileage, and reduce deposit build-up[citation needed] There are also claims of prolonging engine life. However, the extent of these benefits for average fuel consumers is still not clear.

The product has been registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.

Ferox works as a catalyst, which lowers the activation energy of the rate determining step to break down build-up within the engine. This allows the carbon deposits to burn off at much lower temperatures.

Ferox is a catalyst. And as a Catalyst, Ferox bonds with the carbon deposits and allows them to combust at a lower temperature. The Fuel Tab lowers the Energy of Activation of the rate-determining step to 392ºF/200ºC, which allows the carbon deposits to burn off at temperatures as low as 392ºF/200ºC as opposed to 1112ºF/600ºC

More info

Last edited:
won't bother at all. Just stay with proper maintenance and high quality gasoline and be over with it.

Afterall: combustion chamber is no mystery to me anymore.

Q.

Great ad, but......
Self praise is no praise!!

Now, if you really want to get better mileage guaranteed, send $50 to "Miracle Egg" at fsskier.com

Now, place the egg between your foot and the accelerator......
30 day, moneyback guarantee.
No yolk!

Originally Posted By: fsskier
Great ad, but......

Now, if you really want to get better mileage guaranteed, send $50 to "Miracle Egg" at fsskier.com

No yolk!

Hey, I tried this and all I got was a nasty mess on my carpet! Terrible advice. No one listen to this guy!

P.s. I think my mileage did go up a bit
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quest
won't bother at all. Just stay with proper maintenance and high quality gasoline and be over with it.

Afterall: combustion chamber is no mystery to me anymore.

Q.

I agree.

I know a guy who loves to use this (or a similar) product. He uses them in every tankful. He cites higher MPG but doesn't track his fuel purchases every tankful.

I have no reason to doubt him, but I've had such good luck with proven FP/LC that switching makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: fsskier
Great ad, but......

No yolk!

Hey, I tried this and all I got was a nasty mess on my carpet! Terrible advice. No one listen to this guy!

P.s. I think my mileage did go up a bit
happy2.gif

Hey, I stand by my eggs, they come with a full warranty. I have sent a replacement egg, and some paper towels!!
Try driving with tennis shoes, leave your steel toed boots at the factory.

Plugging the filter means nothing since cleaner will clog up a filter. Just ask anyone swthcing to biodiesel from diesel. You will generally go through several fuel filters in extremely short order at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back