AMSOIL MP and rubber - compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Okay, slightly off topic.
Which would be better for a sliding glass door track. MP or MP-HD

I tried both and regular MP was better. I was trying to lube only the rollers which I have already had to replace once. Within only 2 years they had given up so I am trying to make this set last as long as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The local County Sheriff deputies have been using MP on all the weapons for some time, they claim its the best they have ever used.

For a glass door I would try the Silicon Spray. I use that on all our sliding windows. I would not use the HD MP, that's more for outdoor use, like bike chains, undercoating or anywhere you want to protect metal from rust.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I don't think WD-40 has any synthetic oil in it.

Why doesn't the MP can say it has synthetic in it? I've always wondered that.
54.gif

MP keeps my SKS spitting out rounds and the firing pin remains free. Works good with my Ruger .40 too. I used CLP and others, but MP is cheap and very effective. Slam fires are not a pleasant event on an SKS so I use what I know works! I also use MP on my laboratory equipment (Instron and various attachments, drop tester...etc.) and slip roll. The MP HD doesn't seem to have the same versatility. It works real well for undercoating jeep fenders and as a tough motorcycle/bicycle chain lube. MP HD might work well for certain seaside applications, but here in CO I don't need much of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back