MP3 Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: soldierman
I've seen the clip but not used one. I have to say I don't have any idea how you could attempt to navigate 2 or more gigs of music with such a small display. I really like the fuze its very small and thin like a ipod nano and still has a full color video screen.

For me it is my audio book collection. I organize them by number and each "song/chapter" is probably 100mb in size, that means only 20 files to navigate.

You could probably make do with a much cheaper player. But think about the what ifs. I like listening to music but never took the time to find what was where in my changer at home and hated swapping stuff around in my car. Now I find myself picking up the wifes player almost as much as she does. It has all our favorite music and we are adding stuff every other week or so it just passed half full and when it does I'll slap a 10-20 dollar microSD in and have more space. But if that is truely your only use then go cheap.

Just realized that the latest MP3 players (even the sansa clip with the latest firmware) works as MCS and that means it will show up as a USB drive regardless of you plugging it in PC or MAC, no more media player 11 stupidity.

Finally someone knock some senses into the head of these management (who have an interest in all things security and DRM, protected contents, encryption, etc) after a large portion of these things get returned as defective because people don't want to deal with media player 11.

I just ordered a Sansa E260 4GB refurb for $43.88 delivered. If it's Version 1, than I can use the Rockbox software, but if it's V2, I guess I'm still ok as it can recognize up to a 2GB miniSD card.

Thanks all for your help.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Just realized that the latest MP3 players (even the sansa clip with the latest firmware) works as MCS and that means it will show up as a USB drive regardless of you plugging it in PC or MAC, no more media player 11 stupidity.

Finally someone knock some senses into the head of these management (who have an interest in all things security and DRM, protected contents, encryption, etc) after a large portion of these things get returned as defective because people don't want to deal with media player 11.

iTunes is going DRM-free shortly. Anxiously awaiting this!

I have an iPod, girlfriend bought it for my birthday last year. Been through a whole bunch of cheapos, a Sansa-something one gig my ex bought me ages ago (but requires disposable triple-A's), and finally the iPod. It's nice to have the library feature, and stuff like that.

Well, that didn't last too long. Two days after I got it, I got the Blue Ring of Death. Looks like it's time for an RMA.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: chuckerants
I just ordered a Sansa E260 4GB refurb for $43.88 delivered. If it's Version 1, than I can use the Rockbox software, but if it's V2, I guess I'm still ok as it can recognize up to a 2GB miniSD card.

Thanks all for your help.

I've tried an auto FW upgrade, a manual upgrade, a recovery mode format, and of course I tried taking the battery completely out, but I call it quits at downloading and futzing with Linux utilities.

This is just ridiculous. I spent the whole day today trying to get this thing to work. I have the Sansa sitting next to me with the ring glowing blue. I'll try recharging it after it dies, but I'm not very hopeful.
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
I suggest letting the battery go completely dead, then try again.

Perhaps a firmware update is in order, too....

I finally got one that works!

The EBay seller cross shipped a new refurb E260 to me and it works exactly as it's supposed to. I haven't tried on my Vista/W7 laptop and I'm using my XP desktop.

I like it so much, I even "upgraded" to the Rockbox 3.2 and now I'm using a 8 GB miniSDHC card (OEM can only recognize 2gb). When the price of 16GB miniSDHC cards come down, I may even buy one of those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back