NAPA oil analysis kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm also interested in this. I might swing by NAPA later in the week to pick up some other stuff, if I do go there I'll ask about these...assuming I remember to

Originally Posted By: rshunter
AHA! Got it... http://www.wixfilters.com/productinformation/gff_oilanalysissystem.html

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the lab they cited on there, however I can't find a sample report at all.

I don't mean to start anything, believe me that's not my intent, but if that's the same sample hardware that blackstone uses, does this lab also do Blackstone's testing? The "Private Label Program" info on the lab's site made me wonder

I've seen another company reselling Staveley Services' analysis, but their name escapes me at the moment. It wasn't Blackstone though...

Here's the NAPA page about their fluid analysis services. Anyone else notice a similarity? It makes you wonder if NAPA doesn't just leave everything filtration related entirely up to WIX.

It looks to be the same pump. Check out the pump on blackstone's website to compare. I think blackstone pump may be cheaper but have to pay shipping.?

regarding earlier posts about whether blackstone uses stavely, my guess is that staveley/napa, and blackstone all use the same sample bottles, storage bottles, and pump and that is why they all look the same. That doesn't mean blackstone uses staveley to do their analysis etc. but I am sure blackstone would tell you if asked who they farm out work to for the analyses they do not do themselves.

I dropped by my local Napa (CANADA). The cost will be $80 plus tax! (approx $65 US)
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I dropped by my local Napa (CANADA). The cost will be $80 plus tax! (approx $65 US)
crazy2.gif

For just the analysis? That's nuts!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
crazy2.gif

I guess that is the price for the sample pump. The Amsoil one is much less. The sample bottle for Blackstone and OAI (Amsoil) are identical in size and threading.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
crazy2.gif

I guess that is the price for the sample pump.

Correct i.e. for the pump alone. For sure it is cheaper for me to buy from Blackstone (even taking into consideration shipping to Canada and the currency exchange rate
08.gif
)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back