Needing opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori, are you familiar with the Rivendell folks out your way? They promote a more sensible style of cycling regarding equipment and fashion. But, they are somewhat eccentric and their bikes are outrageously priced. They promote some good stuff, but they are somewhat cult-like.

When I got back into cycling a few years ago, my student employee turned me on to them and I "Rivendellized" my road bike by mounting their comfortable "noodle bars" (with shellacked tape) higher up and installed a Brooks B-17 saddle (brown with large rivets, sweeeeet).

Your information about seats and sit bones is spot on.

I know Rivendell bikes, but no, I don't hang out with the elves who ride them.
LOL.gif

Also note the more upright that you sit I would think the more your not going to have a good time with a saddle.

I notice that when I'm on my MTB it's not as comfortable of a sitting position as on my road bike where I'm more leaned over.

Like others have said find a saddle that fits, stay away from the wide springy things.

Last but not least, Look into a recumbent of you have sitting problems.

Originally Posted By: msparks
Also note the more upright that you sit I would think the more your not going to have a good time with a saddle.

I notice that when I'm on my MTB it's not as comfortable of a sitting position as on my road bike where I'm more leaned over.

If you are sitting very upright, you are increasingly sitting on and thus restricting those muscles that are also needed for pedaling, especially if the saddle is wide (a seat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back