Mobil 1 and K&N for Mazdaspeed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone using either of these filters?

Mobil 1 Part #M1C-153 ($19.99 Autozone)

K&N Part #HP-7013 ($14.99 Autozone)

I believe that the Mobil 1 and K&N "can" style filters have the same internals, but I don't know about the cartridge filters. I think the Mobil 1 design is better than anything on the market, excluding Amsoil that doesn't have an application yet, so I'm considering purchasing some of these.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Last edited:
I'm planning to order an M1 today from Autozone and possibly a K&N so I can see them both side by side. I'm hopeful that I can purchase whichever one I choose once they arrive, but they may require payment up front.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Check your Walmart, they are priced $7 on red tag closeout.

I don't think Walmart carried M1 filters? I'll have to look, but this particular one is a new cartridge application.

I have a couple of the K&N filters you mentioned for my normally aspirated 3, but I have not used them yet. Seems like a decent filter, but I don't think it's worth $14.99. I was able to get it with Autozone's Oil change special a while back (5 Quarts Castrol Syntec 0w30 - for my Volvo, and a K&N filter for 24.99 total). They had to special order the filters, but were nice enough to include them in the same special.

I have not seen the M1 filter anywhere yet.

For my money, I would buy some Wix 57203's from Fleet Filter. For $3.25 a piece, you can't be beat. Comparing the two filters, the Wix appears to be equal or better quality overall. Just an FYI, both of the above mentioned filters appear to be much better quality than the Motorcraft and Purolator versions of the Mazda/Ford Cartridge filters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back