Who carries Low-Tox or Sierra antifreeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 1996 Saturn SL-2 with the classic hairline crack in the plastic part of the radiator. Bought a new radiator and plan on going to a propylene glycol coolant when I change radiators. Searched at AutoZone, Advanced Auto, NAPA and even Walmart, didn't find any.

Hmm...I've always found it in the past at Wally's and O'Reilly's. I wonder what's happened.
frown.gif

It's very slow moving in the parts business so many have probably stopped carring it.

That is where I have always bought it. Hope they still have some. My truck has been overheating on harder runs. Changing the thermostat may have made it worse. Huummmm, flush, replace the hoses, and refill with new Low tox?

I checked today. The Wal-Mart, AAP, and Oreily's here don't carry it. It is possible it is an idea whose time is past. I think now that all the ethylene glycol antifreeze is required to have some terribly bitter stuff added to it to keep children from drinking it. That may or may not be as effective for pets.

Not sure what I am going to do.

Replaced the radiator this weekend, bought some Sierra from a local parts place that had it a long time (not a big seller). While I had it apart, replaced hoses, thermostat and engine coolant temperature sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back