Chrysler Cars OK ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out chrysler vehicles on ebay last night. 07 Chrysler 300 C with a hemi for $16k. 08 Chrysler Sebring 30kish miles for $9995 buy it now. these could be used car bargains.

Chrysler is beeing greedy,there is a cap on the dipstick of the transmissions say like Dealer only.This is on the 300s,Chargers and magnums.The only way to check the fluid level is using a special dipstick tube from Miller tool and a scan tool.It goes by the fluid tempeture for the fluid level of the transmission based on a chart.The special dipstick is $72.00 from Miller tool only whom makes Chrysler's specialty tools.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I was checking out chrysler vehicles on ebay last night. 07 Chrysler 300 C with a hemi for $16k. 08 Chrysler Sebring 30kish miles for $9995 buy it now. these could be used car bargains.

Hmm....you have my interest with the 300C.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Chrysler is beeing greedy,there is a cap on the dipstick of the transmissions say like Dealer only.This is on the 300s,Chargers and magnums.The only way to check the fluid level is using a special dipstick tube from Miller tool and a scan tool.It goes by the fluid tempeture for the fluid level of the transmission based on a chart.The special dipstick is $72.00 from Miller tool only whom makes Chrysler's specialty tools.

There are many vehicles from various mfg's that do not provide a means to check the transmission fluid level.
smirk2.gif
It is not uncommon for a car mfg to not provide a normal dipstick.

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

Hmm....you have my interest with the 300C.

I bought both my SAABs on eBay VERY cheap. No regrets whatsover. If were looking to buy used again I would consult eBay in a heartbeat. It's a great way to scour nearby larger cities that have a better variety of used cars than what you find in a smaller city...

I never could see the logic in that. I know it could damage the trans by adding the wrong fluid, but that's a little ridiculous. GM tells you how much fluid to put in when you drop the pan and filter, but don't know about Chrysler.

There are many car models, both foreign and domestic, that do not have dipsticks to check the transmission fluid level. It is not uncommon/something unique to a Chrysler. I don;t think it is a wise move either BUT it is not unheard of.

Chrysler did put an automatic transmission in the jeeps which is a big piece of junk,the asian transmission in the older Grand Cherokees about 1993 and down.This transmission was put in the Cherokees too.

Chrysler is beeing greedy,there is a cap on the dipstick of the transmissions say like Dealer only.This is on the 300s,Chargers and magnums.

Tried to check the ATF level on a L*xus lately? Same story.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Chrysler is beeing greedy,there is a cap on the dipstick of the transmissions say like Dealer only.This is on the 300s,Chargers and magnums.

Tried to check the ATF level on a L*xus lately? Same story.

Oh, whew, it must be OK then.

Chrysler did put an automatic transmission in the jeeps which is a big piece of junk,the asian transmission in the older Grand Cherokees about 1993 and down.This transmission was put in the Cherokees too.

You are talking about the Aisin-Warner (later just Aisin) AW-4, used only behind the old AMC 4.0L six.

I don't like it- it shifts gooier than a a worn-out Dynaflow. It gives new meaning to the term "slushbox." On the other hand, its actually very tough and rarely fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back