Anyone have experience with Kelly Fierce UHP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace two rear tires of '04 Honda S2000. The current front and rear are Falken FK 452, sizes: 225/45-17 Front and 255/40-17 Rear. The tread life of FK452 is rated at 300 but the rear are almost at wear bar only after 12-13k miles. I'm looking for longer tread life tires, the one that can lasted about 20-25k miles, I'm tired of replacing the two rear tires every two years or 15k miles. The size 255/40-17 with speed rate W or Y is expensive, more than $300 for two for most brands.

Kelly Fierce UHP can be purchased online for less than $100/ea and mounting+balance is less than $20/ea so that the total is less than $250 for two. The tread life is rated at 420 so that it may lasted more than 20k miles.

Your experiences with Kelly Fierce UHP is appreciated.
cheers3.gif

Is Kelly Tire still owned by Goodyear? I don't hear much about their tires. All I know is they have a tire shop in my parents town. The population is mostly retirees. Maybe they are main comsumers of their tires?

Fierce is Goodyear's entry-level tuner tire from the Kelly brand. They compete with Fuzion (Bridgestone) and other lesser known brands in the tuner tire market segment.

I have to wonder how much design and technology filtered down from Goodyear's Eagle high performance tires into these Fierce tires. Anyway, I'm sure they are competitive with the other entry-level tires on the market.

The center tread pattern of Fierce UHP looks just like Goodyear's Eagle F1 GS-D3. Not much reviews on the tire, so that I don't know what I'm buying into. The tread pattern suggest it is summer tire, which is okay for me because it is almost impossible for So Cal to have any snow in winter, and rain is as rare as clear blue sky (we have so much smog that the sky is more gray than blue)

http://www.kellytires.com/kellytires/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Fierce+UHP&mrktarea=Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back