X-1R Engine Treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is X-1R Engine Oil Treatment exactly? And what will it do for an engine?

Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
Its not a Teflon additive, and I dont think theyve ever made it with Teflon.

Hmmm.. still not much info... that kinda makes me mad too, I was searching for topics on that, and got no results.

What is the stuff supposed to do in an engine? They claim reduced wear, and stuff like that, but it doesnt really explain in detail how its accomplishing that.

Bottomline: I don't waste any precious mullahs on oil and fuel additives that comes with no actual merit, no history and/or sold by some fly-by-nite company in the middle of da nite infomercials.

There are only 3 things I trust so far, and even so, I would only use them with care:

-LC60
-AutoRx
-PEA based EFI cleaners (Techron, Gumout Regaine, etc.)

Q.

Originally Posted By: Keto
Hmmm.. still not much info... that kinda makes me mad too, I was searching for topics on that, and got no results.

What is the stuff supposed to do in an engine? They claim reduced wear, and stuff like that, but it doesnt really explain in detail how its accomplishing that.

Ahh, you could try it and see.

I came close to trying Zmax. Then I remembered this place.

Heh... finally stumped BITOG... lol

Why dont you buy some of this wonder fluid and have a VOA done. Post it up and lets all take a look and have a informed discussion.

Heh... finally stumped BITOG... lol

I don't think you stumped BITOG, you just asked about a product that is not ARX so good look getting any answers or actual discussion.
28.gif

As Tempest said, the X-1R Concentrate Engine Treatment's active ingredient is chlorinated paraffin. It also contains some esters, some diphenyl-amines, and Barium Sulfonate. The X-1R MSDSs are available at the link below (or you could go with postjeeprcr's comments if they seem more useful).

http://www.x1r.com/msds.htm

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Just how much chlorinated paraffin does it take to actually be caustic to engine components/materials??

Good question. I think it was answered a long time ago, only I can't find the answer. Maybe someone will have more luck searching than I did.

Chlorine is not good for any engine application. The manufactures that say we have a "Controlled Chlorine" or we use a "Short Chain" molecule is just full of [censored]. Ask your aftermarket additive supplier if they have a SAE-J2643 test procedure, this will make them go away very quickly if they have Choline in their additive.

Chlorine can create acid in the oil and acid will destroy seal, pit cast iron and stain your forged steel parts a ugly yellow mustard color.

Any amount of Chlorine can be dangerous, so stay away from this product.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Just how much chlorinated paraffin does it take to actually be caustic to engine components/materials??

Good question. I think it was answered a long time ago, only I can't find the answer. Maybe someone will have more luck searching than I did.

Here's a link to a discussion we had on the topic a couple of years ago link

The use of chlorinated components is a touchy subject with lots of false information being circulated. I think it is unwise to paint it with a large brush to say all chlorine is bad. Not that it's good either - there are many ways to get similar EP protection without it.

I also don't see what SAE J2643 has to do with anything? Care to explain?

The SAE J2643 is a Elastimer Compatibility test for seals. Wen working with companies such as Cat, GE, EMD and other engine manufactures, this test is required to show that the aftermarket additive being added to the lubricant does not effect the rubber seals within the engine, such as rear main seal, valve stem seals, or any other exposed rubber component. Chlorine additives have been shown to harden, crack or in some cases expand seals causing leaks or failure to seal properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back