Saab Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored 4 nice Saab wheels when browing for cheap smoker tires, $20/4 with some old snows. Seems like she did not set up the auction well, not my problem.

I planned on flipping them next winter, but think I can use them on a TT with some centering rings, if we get one. BP is 110x5.

saabwheel.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150335475467

No shipping. Pick-up only. That was partly why the price was so low, she only listed them as "used snow tires".

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Scored 4 nice Saab wheels when browing for cheap smoker tires, $20/4 with some old snows. Seems like she did not set up the auction well, not my problem.

I looked at the bidders list and there are 4 winners so that you won only 1 wheel and tire. The seller did not know and put up the listing as Dutch aution.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I looked at the bidders list and there are 4 winners so that you won only 1 wheel and tire. The seller did not know and put up the listing as Dutch aution.

Ooops. So what are you going to do with your one wheel and tire, Audi?

I got a set of four used snow tires off a prius (no rims) from a yuppie for $1.50 on ebay.

They tried to welch. There was a link for paying thru paypal so I paid it putting the ball deeper in my court.

Rarely do people shop for used tires on ebay so if one doesn't set a reserve price, they can easily go for less than expected.

If someone else bought the other three tires make a deal with them; surely they want the fourth as well.

I see that now, she's a dimwit. Oh, well, I want my one wheel.

I think she's smart. She got $80 instead of $20. j/k

There was Q&A on the listing:
"
Q: Just a quick question. Can I assume that the winning bid is for the set of 4 wheels & tires? Usually when quantity available is shown then the pricing is for each. The add reads that the lot is for 4. Just want to clarify. I can pick them up so that's not a problem. Good luck with the sale. Thanks, Wayne Mar-29-09
A: You're right - I wasn't sure quite what to do there. The winning price will be for all four tires. Thanks! Beth
"

This is saying that she doesn't know that putting quantity of 4 in the listing, that becomes Dutch auction. She mean a lot of 4 wheels and 4 tires.

She arbitrarily chose a buyer to take the set of 4. He already gave her positive feedback. I reported her to EBay and insist she honour the auction results and provide me with the one wheel I won and paid for.

That buyer is so happy to get 4 good wheels for $22. The value of those 4 wheels should be more than $200.

I think he is the one who asked question about winning bidder get a set of 4 wheels & tires.

There isn't much you can do other than get your money back.

PS The Dutch auction is very confusing, that why eBay dropping it.

Last edited:
Yes, he can leave negative feedback, and if it was paid through Paypal, he can have her ENTIRE account frozen.

Not that there would be much to begin with, but anyways...
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
There was Q&A on the listing:
"
Q: Just a quick question. Can I assume that the winning bid is for the set of 4 wheels & tires? Usually when quantity available is shown then the pricing is for each. The add reads that the lot is for 4. Just want to clarify. I can pick them up so that's not a problem. Good luck with the sale. Thanks, Wayne Mar-29-09
A: You're right - I wasn't sure quite what to do there. The winning price will be for all four tires. Thanks! Beth
"

This is saying that she doesn't know that putting quantity of 4 in the listing, that becomes Dutch auction. She mean a lot of 4 wheels and 4 tires.

owned

If she gave my wheel to someone else, I want damages = to replacement value. She's an idiot to act in an arbitrary fashion. If the auction ended up for one wheel x 4 people, THAT'S what she needs to deliver. I am kind of [censored].

If she gave my wheel to someone else, I want damages = to replacement value. She's an idiot to act in an arbitrary fashion. If the auction ended up for one wheel x 4 people, THAT'S what she needs to deliver. I am kind of [censored].

You stated that you've complained to eBay. File a complaint with PayPal, since you used them to pay for the item that you'll never get.

You'll scare her off ebay forever. Probably a good thing.

Ebay asks when you go to list something "how many do you have", I can see how she said "4" instead of "1" lot of four.

No, I got a load of bull. She "told" me that the way she was deciding the auction was by who bid "that amount" first. I explained that not only were auctions were decided by the last bid, not the first, and the result was that 4 people were all entitled to their one wheel, which is what I wanted.

It appears that she is a professional financial planner, and quite unable to follow the rules and conditions of the agreement she entered into.I believe she is also unable to accept the rights and assertions of others...one of "those" who TELLS people "how it is". Anyway, not to appear like a **** to my peers, but I feel that I've suffered a loss. She took payment and gave my item to another person. I could hang a pro-se civil suit on her for $100 and get the value of the wheel and tire (msrp, as far as I'm concerned) plus costs back. It's a binding contract! See, I'm, kind of mad too because of her attitude and her decieptfull assertion that the auction was NOT binding, quoting a section of EBay rules that pertatin to real estate and automobile (titled items) auction not being totally binding.

I just got a complaint through EBay about my last email to her...lol, no more abusive than anything I've written here. More of the attitude problem she has.

What does the groupe think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back