New Shell Gas Formula - Enriched with Nitrogen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
From Shells literature, it appears that the Nitrogen additive is used ONLY in V-Power and not the lower octane grades.

According to this page, it says "Shell is introducing the all-new Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, containing a unique, patented cleaning system designed to seek and destroy engine “gunk” (carbon deposits) in all three grades of gasoline."
http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa/abo...gen_030209.html

Originally Posted By: adamrc
Originally Posted By: Eddie
From Shells literature, it appears that the Nitrogen additive is used ONLY in V-Power and not the lower octane grades.

According to this page, it says "Shell is introducing the all-new Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, containing a unique, patented cleaning system designed to seek and destroy engine “gunk” (carbon deposits) in all three grades of gasoline."
http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa/abo...gen_030209.html

I think it's all grades as well, I sure hope so!

Originally Posted By: panthermike

It is, there is just more of it in the V-Power.

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: panthermike

It is, there is just more of it in the V-Power.

Well, that's good I guess because the Mark VIII takes premium. Hopefully the Corolla keeps this going and the ping is reduced, we'll see.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

I also noticed on the pump that it says V-Power '91 Octane contains no Ethanol, Silver contains up to 5% and Bronze contains up to 10%.

Didn't know that you could still buy fuel without E. in it... This makes me happy!!!!!

Not for long. McGuinty passed the law a few years ago that by 2010, all grades of gasoline sold in Ontario must contain a minimum of 5% ethanol. AFAIK, Shell Vpower is the only gas that does not contain ethanol (Esso, Sunoco, PC premiums all have it now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back