a place to buy clay bars cheap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had luck at a local Japanese car accessories store. They have lots of bling, Hello Kitty and cartoon-related toys, air fresheners, shifter knobs, drilled pedals, neon this and neon that, and all other junk you can imagine. They usually carry Clay Magic bars. I think I paid $8 for mine a few years ago. I'm sure you got this type shop in LA. Just follow some kid in a blinged-out Civic -- they get drawn to places like this like flies to cow pies.
grin2.gif

I just experienced the same problem. We have a detail shop that deals with the dealerships but the bars were expensive. AAP has the Mothers Clay Bar Detail kit on sale this month. It comes with 2 bars, MF towel, and the detail spray. It came with stuff I didn't need but for $12.99 I got 2 clay bars out of the deal. HTH

Try your local auto paint supply store. You can sometimes get several people together and make a group buy from them and negotiate a reduced price for a case of clay instead buying by the bar.

I've always like the MG package with 2 bars, a case and spray for $15. I always end up dropping a bar on the ground and having another one makes me feel a lot better about tossing it.

Be wary of those cheap clays. You do get what you pay for and some can actually be damaging with too much abrasives. Griot's garage makes a great one that lasts long and you can also get a good deal on Mothers or Meguires at Walmart.

Be sure to get the 2 bar version. It has showtime, a towel, and 2 bars as opposed to 1 bar, cleaner wax, and showtime.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Be sure to get the 2 bar version. It has showtime, a towel, and 2 bars as opposed to 1 bar, cleaner wax, and showtime.

+1

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Be wary of those cheap clays. You do get what you pay for and some can actually be damaging with too much abrasives. Griot's garage makes a great one that lasts long and you can also get a good deal on Mothers or Meguires at Walmart.

Big +1 on this!

Meguiars has a 3 bar replacement kit for like $19 but have to order it online pretty sure

megs 3 bar replacement

Originally Posted By: nthach
Call a detailing chemical company distributor like Production.

Why? Are they a mfr of detailing clay or just a remarketer like everyone else?

Since ITW, parent co of AutoWax Inc, makers of Clay Magic, own the US patent to detailing clay, everyone in the US either pays them a royalty or buys from them and repackages the stuff.

I don't anyone who sells clay cheaply, and I've been looking for a lower cost supplier for 10+ years. Sure, there are good deals that pop up occasionally but you've got to keep your eyes peeled and jump on the deal when you get the chance.

Honestly, the most you're gonna save is a few dollars. Clay is a niche product and there isn't a big volume discount unless you're a huge reseller like Meguiars or 3M. Yes, even 3M outsources their detailing clay product. I have 3M, Eagle One and Clay Magic clay bars and they're all exactly the same.

If you want a deal on clay, keep on the lookout and snap it up the minute you see it.

For those who do not know, getting clay bars in the US is harder and more lucrative than getting and selling drugs !

AutoMagic which sells under its own brand ClayMagic has the US patent and controls the US market and has sued many other distributors and won. Every other distributors/manufacturer must buy their clay through Auto Magic !

Auto Magic Wins Court Case !

The best clay is actually available from Canada now !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back