Petroleum Refining Processes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have debated posting this find I made a while back here or not or elsewhere. However it seems relevant enough in general to various topics from time to time. What is very useful seems to me to be the chart in Fig IV: 2-6 and the descriptions in sections II and III. I think it makes a good reference at least.

If you think it needs to be moved to a different section please go ahead and move it.

http://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/otm_iv/otm_iv_2.html

It should be useful to note that not all processes are going to be located in one refinery, or in any but the largest.
If you note or know of any discrepancies or differences it may be interesting to add those to discussion.

Those in the industry may have seen this before or be familiar with it, but to me it makes things a lot more clearer for the layman.
For engineers, who doesn't like a good flow chart?

Let me also note to start that the more recent processes like using slack wax from the fuels crackers for further hydroforming and refining into GIII lubricants is not shown in that flow chart, however as a primer it seems handy to describe many of the basic processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back