Firefox question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-relatively new user of Firefox and having an issue I haven't been able to solve using their tutorial or forum. When I sign into a secure site such as BITOG and then exit the web browser, the next time I open BITOG, I have to re enter my user ID, and then the browser enters my password. I can't seem to keep secured sites open like IE7 does. I've gone to tools and checked and unchecked all the options under privacy and private data, but I'm obviously doing something wrong unless Firefox won't let you save sites between visits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Bill

When logging in, I clicked the "keep me logged in forever" (or whatever the closest is), and haven't had a problem.

Thanks for the reply, on the sites that have that box I do, but I still have not been able to make it work. I just found a site where someone posted similar problems and found out it was malware so I'm doing my cleanup now to see if that helps. Bill

I'll throw this is in too:

Options/Privacy. Is "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" selected. If so, under Settings are Cookies selected?

Thanks for the replies, the clear private data is not checked and the remember passwords box is checked. I'm at work now so my malware removal is temporally suspended until I get there. Bill

In Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies make sure both boxes are checked and the "Keep cookies until they expire" option is selected. Clearing private data when firefox closes isn't a problem as long as you alter the settings so that it leaves your cookies.

Well, I found it. I had installed the newest version of Firefox on my desktop and laptop the same day, my desktop is the affected one, and the laptop works fine. I set the desktop to the same settings of the laptop, which works and keeps the user name and passwork, but the desktop still didn't work. I frequent a site called "MajorGeeks" and had found a person with a similar problem who discovered it was malware. I did superantispyware, didn't help, and then did CCleaner, and it fixed the problem!! Thanks for all the replies. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back