Antivir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy's with the end of AVG 7.5 coming here the 12th i need a new
free AV,was going to try Antivir but with the dang annoying upgrade pop ups you get i don't know if i want to DL it,can someone post a step by step on how to disable this i now it can be done i remember hearing about it, does any one know how?

I'll take one for the team and ask the stupid question: Why can't you upgrade to a newer version of AVG?

Are they discontinuing the free version?

Here:

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

... Seems to offer the free version. Reading about all the stuff the free versions *doesn't* have, though, scares the bujeepers outta me. Glad I use Ubuntu; especially after getting a million emails in the last few days from friends and family asking about Conficker.

right AVG 8 is free but i don't like it, DL it and removed it want to try something different.

Regarding AntiVir, this may help (copied and pasted from another forum):

1) Boot into safe mode

2) Log in as "Administrator"

3) Go to C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avnotify.exe right click on it in explorer go to properties->security->Advanced-> edit then select the option to not let it execute for all users.

Reboot into regular windows and you are good to go.

---

I hope that helps - Good luck!

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Regarding AntiVir, this may help (copied and pasted from another forum):

1) Boot into safe mode

2) Log in as "Administrator"

3) Go to C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avnotify.exe right click on it in explorer go to properties->security->Advanced-> edit then select the option to not let it execute for all users.

Reboot into regular windows and you are good to go.

---

I hope that helps - Good luck!

Great thanks for that, thats what i remeber reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back